• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960
  • Days Won:  1

12 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Marshall would have been a better add as well. They are up on ECU right now.

Hopefully next time the AAC adds teams it will be merit based vs just adding big metro teams. Still getting over our loss against WKU, but if they keep winning they might be a decent add at some point as well.

Agreed 100%! Drop Charlotte and add Marshall and or WKU, Coastal was still out there. I know we can’t undo it and it is what it is, but my gosh man, there were so many better options out there and even staying at 12 was better than FAU, North Texas and Charlotte. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

3 minutes ago, michibull said:

Agreed 100%! Drop Charlotte and add Marshall and or WKU, Coastal was still out there. I know we can’t undo it and it is what it is, but my gosh man, there were so many better options out there and even staying at 12 was better than FAU, North Texas and Charlotte. 

I agree, and the problem I had with 6 adds vs the 3 adds is that it kind of watered down our schedule even more. We are not even playing SMU, Tulane, and ECU this year, and that's after losing Cincy, Houston, and UCF. UAB and UTSA were decent adds though in my opinion.

The only upside for this year is that we get probable wins against Rice and Charlotte and possible wins against UAB and FAU. Add to that games against U Conn and Temple, and I think 5 to 6 wins is possible, which will get us momentum for next year. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,142
  • Days Won:  39

5 hours ago, belgianbull said:

possible wins against UAB and FAU.

I used to think so but not so much now.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,241
  • Days Won:  0

This disaster of a conference is being taken to the cleaners by Mac sun belt and cusa schools today. 

End this program please. 

• ???? 3

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

7 hours ago, DontPushMe said:

This disaster of a conference is being taken to the cleaners by Mac sun belt and cusa schools today. 

End this program please. 

all these bottom feeder conferences are interchangeable

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  329

I really hate the fact that we are associated with these schools in people's minds. This conference is a big negative on the school's reputation.  It was cool when we just started the program, but I was sold on USF being big time college football. We are far from big time college football now. I'm just hoping we can take care of business and become a perinneal top 20 program like coach says and get out of this conference within the next 2-3 years. 

Edited by Bullcocky

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,142
  • Days Won:  39

2 minutes ago, Bullcocky said:

I'm just hoping we can take care of business and become a perinneal top 20 program like coach says and get out of this conference within the next 2-3 years. 

Hope is not a strategy but that's about all we have.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,241

45 minutes ago, Bullcocky said:

I really hate the fact that we are associated with these schools in people's minds. This conference is a big negative on the school's reputation.  It was cool when we just started the program, but I was sold on USF being big time college football. We are far from big time college football now. I'm just hoping we can take care of business and become a perinneal top 20 program like coach says and get out of this conference within the next 2-3 years. 

This is why I've been saying we need to go independent. Even if we lose money on it we have to break the association with these schools. My plan would have us playing the maximum allowed road games per season as 1 and dones with power conference schools. Then filling in the required home games with fcs. Maybe set up a yearly home and away with uconn and/or UMass. We cannot stay in this conference it will kill the program. 

If we spend a few more years in the AAC we won't be under consideration by any power conference next time expansion happens. We'll just be another North Texas or fau

Edited by DontPushMe

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,002
  • Days Won:  2

There are two conferences above us that we could possibly strike a deal with to join ala SMU.  Target the B12 and ACC as landing spots and find a way to be attractive to them.  Our market is valuable to the B12.  Our AAU status is bueno for the ACC.  We're going out on a limb to build the OCS.  I'm proud of that.  

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

22 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

There are two conferences above us that we could possibly strike a deal with to join ala SMU.  Target the B12 and ACC as landing spots and find a way to be attractive to them.  Our market is valuable to the B12.  Our AAU status is bueno for the ACC.  We're going out on a limb to build the OCS.  I'm proud of that.  

I don't see the ACC or Big 12 within the next 5 years, but in the mean time we should do the following to better our situation

1) we need to win starting now and built the OCS, get ranked again, separate ourselves from the rest of the AAC

2) the AAC needs to poach better teams; list of possible candidates going from best option to worst options;

Boise State, San Diego State, OSU, Appalachian State, Fresno State, Army, Air Force, Marshall. Other possible candidates: Liberty, Coastal Carolina, WKU, and WSU.

If we are going to be stuck in the AAC we better increase the level of competition.

that or break away from the AAC in coordination with others and create a best of the rest conference.