• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

23 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

WE must be adding FIU to the AAC. WE need another geographic rival and the Miami TV market. 

Explaining Fran Healy GIF by Travis

makes complete sense. Can never have too many Florida teams in one conference. It will really cut down on travel costs too

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  2,982
  • Days Won:  2

Public institutions and not private.  

21 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

Public institutions and not private.  

I meant that as a question!  Those numbers have to include private institutions, right?

7 hours ago, TallyBull said:

Mandel's scenario that everyone's all worked up about ignores several facts and so shouldn't be taken too seriously:

• TV deals are all about markets over production/success (best candidates have both, but having both isn't absolutely required). That's why we've got UNT and Rice (and to a certain extent UTSA) in our conference. It would be foolish to come out as far as New Orleans for Tulane, the nation's 51st TV media market, and not a little further to Tampa, the nation's 13th TV media market (and unlike New Orleans, growing quickly).
  • With the exception of Tulane and Memphis, he includes only MWC teams. I didn't read the article because it's behind a paywall, but based on the excerpt, he didn't really think or talk about exit fees. The MWC's teams are about double what the AAC's are (estimated $38 m vs. $18 m). 

I think Mandel was just throwing ideas out there but not really thinking through what's wise/feasible. I doubt the rebuilt PAC ever happens, but if it does, I expect it to start with 6-8 AAC teams in the near-term, which are more affordable if the conference and/or TV partner wishes to help them get out of their current conferences, then expand to include top MWC teams in 2-3 years, ultimately forming western and eastern divisions. 

Also, any GOR signed with a rebuilt PAC should be short term unless the TV contract is minimum $20 m/year. That would put USF in a far better financial position while we wait for the FSU/ACC issue to resolve. 

Just my two cents.

I'm feeling anxious and impatient. Suffering with the inaction.  Honestly don't know if we will ever get an invite to the ACC or even the B12.  Don't hold your breath.  I'd prefer to align with the best of the MWC teams and the 2-PAC leftovers now in order to be in the leading G5 conference.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

9 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

I'm feeling anxious and impatient. Suffering with the inaction.  Honestly don't know if we will ever get an invite to the ACC or even the B12.  Don't hold your breath.  I'd prefer to align with the best of the MWC teams and the 2-PAC leftovers now in order to be in the leading G5 conference.  

If we have the option, I agree 100%.

Btw I’d also like to echo the sentiments of others that you have been a welcome addition to this thread. Thanks for continuing to post relevant posts from X!

• Like 2

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,783
  • Days Won:  3

On 9/1/2023 at 10:07 PM, Rocky Style said:

How many Beavers are there?

Depends. Friday and Saturday there are more. Generally, between eleven and three a.m. at the Lobby Bar or Cleopatra's Barge. 

1 minute ago, TallyBull said:

If we have the option, I agree 100%.

Btw I’d also like to echo the sentiments of others that you have been a welcome addition to this thread. Thanks for continuing to post relevant posts from X!

It's difficult to find plausible commentary but I am always looking for hopeful signs for us.  Back at ya.  I appreciate everyone that is posting here and supplying me with info.  

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,241
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Cat941 said:

I'd like to forgo watching aac football. Smu made the right decision. No amount of money is worth the embarrassment of being associated with the American athletic conference. Absolute joke of a conference. Go independent. 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

7 minutes ago, DontPushMe said:

Absolute joke of a conference. Go independent. 

Has anyone mocked up a balance sheet for this sort of thing?  I've always wondered.