• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  2,962
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, DontPushMe said:

Yeah I don't see the big 12 as a big step up. It's a rich man's aac. Just leftovers of the pac 12 and big 12 that the real power conferences didn't want. Their best schools don't want to be there and will be gone soon, and it has no real identity. 

ACC should always be our target. 

But in the meantime we need to go independent to disassociate from these dreadful schools we are mixed up with now. Every season in the AAC playing North texas, uab and fau will lower us. 

Should be playing an independent schedule of mostly 1 and dones away to big schools 

It not an easy thing to schedule those big schools.  Additionally, with the CFB playoff giving access to G5 (for now) there's a path for us being in the AAC.  No chance for CFB playoff as an independent.  

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,447
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, Cat941 said:

I'm watching to see if we get any pub at all.  Well, watching while I do other things.  Also, interested to see if it's slanted coverage to highlight SEC and ACC (minimize BIG and other FOX properties).  So far, yes.  Talking ACC and SEC.

They did a feature on Prime at Colorado.  

Yeah it is now all divided. I’m stuck watching the Fox Big Saturday Show. It seems they basically copied ESPN College GameDay. Even has the Bear & the WASU flag. RIP ESPN College GameDay I guess 

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  2,962
  • Days Won:  2

8 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Yeah it is now all divided. I’m stuck watching the Fox Big Saturday Show. It seems they basically copied ESPN College GameDay. Even has the Bear & the WASU flag. RIP ESPN College GameDay I guess 

Wow!  RIP CFB, eh?  Killing the goose that lays the golden egg.

Edited by Cat941
ETA

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,778
  • Days Won:  3

49 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

fsu and clemson are not paying $300m buyout to join big 12.

Again...a quadrillion times yes - they're not paying $300M to exit the ACC. They're stuck, up to their collective neck in the GOR quicksand. And once that expires or a better attorney turns the screw - they are out the door. They will not hang around the ACC for the 'merit based pay system'. 😎  Comparing the ACC and XII is a case of six of one, half a dozen of another - at this instant in time. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

4 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

Again...a quadrillion times yes - they're not paying $300M to exit the ACC. They're stuck, up to their collective neck in the GOR quicksand. And once that expires or a better attorney turns the screw - they are out the door. They will not hang around the ACC for the 'merit based pay system'. 😎  Comparing the ACC and XII is a case of six of one, half a dozen of another - at this instant in time. 

who says fsu has anywhere to go? they were publicly begging sec to come to their rescue. not even a peep.

Big 12 has 2 national titles in football. colorado and byu.

add up what fsu, clemson, miami, pitt and notre dame have.

I'm guessing more than 2.

Not to mention basketball titles with unc, duke, syracuse, etc.

academics aren't even close.

only big 12 fans think they are anywhere near acc.

Edited by Bull94

20 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

I'm watching to see if we get any pub at all.  Well, watching while I do other things. 

And our good friends in Charlotte got a little spotlight, chat about the nuevo jefe Biff Poggi from Pat McAfee. :iconic_u_black:

6 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

who says fsu has anywhere to go? they were publicly begging sec to come to their rescue. not even a peep.

Big 12 has 2 national titles in football. colorado and byu.

add up what fsu, clemson, miami, pitt and notre dame have.

I'm guessing more than 2.

Not to mention basketball titles with unc, duke, syracuse, etc.

academics aren't even close.

only big 12 fans think they are anywhere near acc.

Im wondering how ESPN/Disney will be able to honor the deal. They are sinking fast….

What will will probably soon see is some type of settlement to allow FSU & Clemson to bolt.  

Edited by Bull Matrix

25 minutes ago, DontPushMe said:

Should be playing an independent schedule of mostly 1 and dones away to big schools.

How would something like that impact season ticket sales?  I just don't see the independent route as beneficial.  We ain't Notre Dame and Army, and I don't think Uconn & Umass are what we would embrace as role models. 

Fox Big Saturday even has the tailgate food. ESPN just got more bad news. Less eyeballs watching. They are screwed…

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

And Fox featured Jimmy Horn as an impact player for Colorado.  Got USF a mention anyway... 

• Upvote 1