Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

After the 10th round of expansion, USF left out again.

When will people ever learn.  Conferences don't want USF.  3,367 pages should have told you that by now.

Yet, once again, a pointless thread won't die.  I give up.  Keep on hoping and dreaming of something that will never come.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  603
  • Days Won:  0

12 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I think the problem with it is the whole none of that is true thing. Every year we drop down and every year less people want to go to our games and if we keep being passed by it wouldn’t matter if we offered to caravan and play in people’s back yards. The nation is littered with stadiums that cannot draw in students and alumni alike and other than it being empty I’ve never heard a single recruit discuss Ray Jay as a negative. Our issues are exclusively that we play in the minor leagues and no one anywhere cares about minor league things and that we suck. The OCS is a shiny distraction for people that have no solutions to an actual problem and there will never be a moment where the stadium is paid off because when you get marginally close it’s time for an improvement, even longer when you are regularly drawing in 12k paid attendance and will keep restructuring which the bank will only do because the stadium is worth zero dollars outside of our failed use of it. Set the money on fire at least that will be noteworthy.

Repurpose stadium money to help fund FSU leaving the ACC.

Playing in the ACC at RayJay would draw far more fans than playing in the AAC at an OCS. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,587
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

Repurpose stadium money to help fund FSU leaving the ACC.

Playing in the ACC at RayJay would draw far more fans than playing in the AAC at an OCS. 

There is more than one way to skin a cat and I’m not married to any of them, what is for sure is there is no logical path that includes an OCS as a requirement. Getting out off the titanic is the only thing that matters and not how close we are to home when we finally sink. 

Edited by puc86

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,014
  • Days Won:  1

22 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I think the problem with it is the whole none of that is true thing. Every year we drop down and every year less people want to go to our games and if we keep being passed by it wouldn’t matter if we offered to caravan and play in people’s back yards. The nation is littered with stadiums that cannot draw in students and alumni alike and other than it being empty I’ve never heard a single recruit discuss Ray Jay as a negative. Our issues are exclusively that we play in the minor leagues and no one anywhere cares about minor league things and that we suck. The OCS is a shiny distraction for people that have no solutions to an actual problem and there will never be a moment where the stadium is paid off because when you get marginally close it’s time for an improvement, even longer when you are regularly drawing in 12k paid attendance and will keep restructuring which the bank will only do because the stadium is worth zero dollars outside of our failed use of it. Set the money on fire at least that will be noteworthy.

Western Michigan averages 18k per game and Central Michigan averages 16k. They are in the MAC, and in the middle of nowhere. I think we can assume USF can average 20k every year playing in the AAC and if we are an 8-5 team, that would reach 30-35k which would be close to capacity. This is realistic, given the population of Tampa and the age group of the area. Financially, I don’t see it as wasting money or risky. I know the economics behind stadiums, they are not “money makers” directly, but they have positive indirect impacts; and at the end of the day, USF will not go bankrupt because of it so why not give the students, alumni and players the best experience you can?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,868
  • Days Won:  25

13 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

After the 10th round of expansion, USF left out again.

When will people ever learn.  Conferences don't want USF.  3,367 pages should have told you that by now.

Yet, once again, a pointless thread won't die.  I give up.  Keep on hoping and dreaming of something that will never come.  

It only takes one time for everything to change. Look at all the schools shuffling conferences.

Is this new system going to be sustainable, probably not. So when things get shifted around again the next least ugly chick at the dance will get called up. 

1 minute ago, michibull said:

Western Michigan averages 18k per game and Central Michigan averages 16k. They are in the MAC, and in the middle of nowhere. I think we can assume USF can average 20k every year playing in the AAC and if we are an 8-5 team, that would reach 30-35k which would be close to capacity. This is realistic, given the population of Tampa and the age group of the area. Financially, I don’t see it as wasting money or risky. I know the economics behind stadiums, they are not “money makers” directly, but they have positive indirect impacts; and at the end of the day, USF will not go bankrupt because of it so why not give the students, alumni and players the best experience you can?

I’m going to let you in on a little secret there is more to do in Tampa than wherever those places are and whatever there is to do there. Also I said paid because showing up doesn’t help pay any debt service.

4 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

It only takes one time for everything to change. Look at all the schools shuffling conferences.

Is this new system going to be sustainable, probably not. So when things get shifted around again the next least ugly chick at the dance will get called up. 

Would you say we are closer today than we were ten years ago? But sure the 11th time is a charm and we are only in year 6 of VPMK’s 10 year plan

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,868
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, puc86 said:

Would you say we are closer today than we were ten years ago? But sure the 11th time is a charm and we are only in year 6 of VPMK’s 10 year plan

Maybe. The bar seems lower now because of the big shifts at the top. 11th? We are playing the infinite game here. Until there is a full breakaway these cycles will wax and wane.

Kelly needs to be evaluated and held to account for his shortcomings, but the reality is that he isn’t not our sole issue. It’s hard to assess coaches, especially because people like Kelly probably have little to no skill at evaluating that kind of talent. I’m sure he hasn’t hired that many people. The handing out of raises and other nonsense just shows he’s not really a businessman. Establish a matrix and philosophy per sport and stick to it. Hold people accountable. Coaching is a bizarre field where you get paid well to fail. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,423
  • Content Count:  98,292
  • Days Won:  490

10 hours ago, WoolyBully said:

You sure? 'cause I have them via Sling TV sports package. 

https://www.sling.com/channels/pac-12

No, I mean they don’t stream independently. You have to have, in the case of the PAC12, one of the very few packages that carry them unlike, ESPN plus or Bulls+.   People out here can’t see the Pac12 games because YouTube TV and DirecTV don’t carry. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

12 hours ago, Outlaw said:

The university of Miami won championships and got called up to the ACC without an OCS. They built a brand by winning. If  USF wants to get into a power conference then they need to win on the field. They were smart enough to  invest into athletic facilities on campus. Sadly i dont know if any of the current and future USF students will get to experience the magic of beating top25 programs, being in a power conference, and a packed stadium like I got to experience as a student. We keep sucking at the absolute worse times .

Miami hasn't won squat since joining acc. they played for 1 conference championship and were blown out. ask their dwindling fanbase if they would rather be in the old big east where they won national championships. my guess would be that they prefer the old days.