• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, michibull said:

IMG_2742.gif.808e5f8895ae48208bedff4870625bd9.gif

Bring back the USF BullShark defense 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

How long is he going to take? They brought him back a while ago. 

They brought him back near the end of 22', so less than a year. I imagine it would take more than a year to get the ship back on course.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

8 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

The stock doesn't change the fact that they have the contracts for the content and content is king. Disney is doing a stress test with the cable providers. If Charter/Spectrum continue to hold out, I expect Disney to drive consumers to their Hulu+ offering. I have Spectrum out of  They will be offering a standalone ESPN streaming service by 2025. They will have spun off ESPN or partnered with other media companies by that time as well. The stock is currently down because Disney was likely cooking the books on the Disney+ streaming losses they were sustaining. 

people will just go to youtube tv. how much bargaining power do you think disney will have with google?

it's a slow death for cable companies and the carriage fees.

espn will have a stream option that they will have to charge $40 per month (and hope nobody who currently watches their content balks at the price)just to breakeven with what they are losing in carriage fees.

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  2,983
  • Days Won:  2

53fdeee0-48e7-11ee-ad7f-60a476db26b4
SPORTS.YAHOO.COM

The ACC's expansion saga finally comes to a close with the addition of Stanford, Cal and SMU. Here's an inside look at how it all went down.

On SMU:  But ACC administrators see the school as a good academic fit, an ideal location for a foothold (Texas) and maybe more than anything, an affordable move.

With deep-pocketed boosters and an obsession to move to a power league, the school eventually increases its proposal of accepting zero TV shares to nine years — a key change late in the process.

“We just want in,” says one SMU benefactor.

Aug. 9

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

5 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

people will just go to youtube tv. how much bargaining power do you think disney will have with google?

it's a slow death for cable companies and the carriage fees.

espn will have a stream option that they will have to charge $40 per month (and hope nobody who currently watches their content balks at the price)just to breakeven with what they are losing in carriage fees.

Not if they tier their content they won't. First, I fully expect that Disney/ESPN will have partnered with a tech giant by 2025 before they are offering a standalone package. People are willing to pay $500 for a season of the NFL Sunday Ticket, I can certainly see SEC fans willing to pay $300 a year for access to all SEC programming. Soon, they won't have a choice. 

ESPN+ is already at 25 million subscribers. They just need a strategic partnership and they will be fine. They have cut a lot of fat already. 

Edited by BullyPulpit

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, flsportsfan83 said:

sad thing is we also have no real rival. Atleast with UCF we had 1 game to really look forward to each year. I guess we can be rivals with FAU. I'm gonna go ask for some anti depressants now. 

Wait.  Going on antidepressants because we don't play UCF anymore?  I'm loving it.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Not if they tier their content they won't. First, I fully expect that Disney/ESPN will have partnered with a tech giant by 2025 before they are offering a standalone package. People are willing to pay $500 for a season of the NFL Sunday Ticket, I can certainly see SEC fans willing to pay $300 a year for access to all SEC programming. Soon, they won't have a choice. 

As much as I despise both of them deeply, Apple and Disney would be a force.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

31 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Here come the Beavers to the rescue….

09153AFC-F2F1-407F-93E7-85F5AF37F266.png

This Beaver is about to OD on copium.  

Inhale Loda GIF by Alliance

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  692
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Bull Matrix said:

Hell yeah!! USF will eventually be caught in a tug o war between the power conferences. Exciting times!!

tom delonge wtf GIF

• Haha 1
  • Crying 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

15 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

They brought him back near the end of 22', so less than a year. I imagine it would take more than a year to get the ship back on course.

I guess USF brought in CAG to hopefully turn things around too and it may take a few seasons lol

8 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

As much as I despise both of them deeply, Apple and Disney would be a force.

Yes. Maybe Apple will help get ESPN back.