• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,241
  • Days Won:  0

54 minutes ago, michibull said:

For me personally, I don’t mean it as an elitist attitude as much as it is self preservation. We went from nothing to a budding rivalry with WVU, working on a rivalry with Miami or FSU, to being forced together with UCF, then being left behind to be joined by FAU. I’m greatly concerned that this will be our home for the next whatever time. I learned about USF when we got into CUSA, went to school during the first BE years and to watch this fall is painful. Maybe if I followed USF back in ‘97 I’d have a different perspective, but I didn’t and as a competitive person, this is really hard to accept. I am naturally an easy going, happy go lucky person, but even this is hard to stay positive about all the time, haha. Believe me, I don’t have an elitist attitude, I just want USF in the best conference possible and I realize how bad we’ve been; to the point that yes FAU is better currently. I just don’t want to repeat the past. I want USF to be in a conference with like minded universities (Stanford, Cal, Rice, Tulane, education first but very competitive teams). 

Very well said. It's like the analogy of a frog in boiling water. If you drop a frog in boiling water it jumps out. If you put it in normal temp water and slowly increase it to boiling he boils. 

If in 2008 we had announced we are joining a conference with FAU, North Texas, Charlotte, San Antonio etc heads would have rolled. Yet because it's happened slowly most here are just resigned to it. 

Being associated with these schools is an absolute embarrassment and should never be accepted. We should go independent if we insist on pressing on with football. Play as many road one and dones as needed to stay afloat. Being connected to **** makes us **** by association. 

There should be an uproar. Everyone who has been involved in the athletic program in the past 5-10 years should be fired. 

Edited by DontPushMe
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

I am not sure how anyone is shocked at this turn of events, we are currently a pathetic team that is unwatchable and not competitive on many Saturdays.  We have won one FBS game in the past 3 seasons thanks to CJS and VPMK yet some on here kept pushing the narrative that the same guy that hired Scott was going to get us in the ACC??  The past 3 starts to our season has been anticlimactic due to c moving up then CJS’s last season and now this. I used to count the hours until kickoff, now wondering if I will buy the channel to watch.  We have been on an incredible losing streak on and off the field but at least we got AAU status 😀

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

15 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I am not sure how anyone is shocked at this turn of events, we are currently a pathetic team that is unwatchable and not competitive on many Saturdays.  We have won one FBS game in the past 3 seasons thanks to CJS and VPMK yet some on here kept pushing the narrative that the same guy that hired Scott was going to get us in the ACC??  The past 3 starts to our season has been anticlimactic due to c moving up then CJS’s last season and now this. I used to count the hours until kickoff, now wondering if I will buy the channel to watch.  We have been on an incredible losing streak on and off the field but at least we got AAU status 😀

Well at least you are already feeling down so that should help with regards next weekend against a good WKU team. If we somehow pull off an upset then great if not well it was already expected…

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  43

It’s real simple.

Step 1: Win games

Step 2: Keep lines of communication open with ACC & Big 12

Step 3: Be ready to jump when FSU and Clemson inevitably move on.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  184

Brad
This post was recognized by Brad!

MoneyBull was awarded the badge 'Motivating' and 10 points.

The athletic and academic departments BOTH are doing everything in their power to improve our conference affiliation. USF will be ready when the call comes; but if it doesn't come this round, the answer isn't to give up, play the blame game, or scuttle the program.  The answer is get better. On the field, in NIL, donor support and season ticket sales. As we steadily improve those things everything will fall into place. USF doesn't yet have the intrinsic value that comes with having played football since 1920, but it will earn a stronger reputation with time and investment. Please be a part of the process. Go Bulls.

• Like 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

5 minutes ago, surfer said:

It’s real simple.

2 minutes ago, MoneyBull said:

The athletic and academic departments BOTH are doing everything in their power to improve our conference affiliation. USF will be ready when the call comes; but if it doesn't come this round, the answer isn't to give up, play the blame game, or scuttle the program.  The answer is get better. On the field, in NIL, donor support and season ticket sales. As we steadily improve those things everything will fall into place. USF doesn't yet have the intrinsic value that comes with having played football since 1920, but it will earn a stronger reputation with time and investment. Please be a part of the process. Go Bulls.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

19 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I am just waiting for Lebron James to let me have my turn in passing him by in both basketball abilities and money since that is obviously the nature of everything and one should never expect to continually move forward in life. We passed people by and the only reason they were able to pass us by again is because the people getting paid to not have that happen are able to fail at a master level we could only wish they would display in any other way. Fear of entitlement is dumb, if you do not believe you belong somewhere it is pretty easy to make it not happen but that has as much to do with your **** attitude as it does with whether you should have been there to begin with. If entitlement means I like where I am and if I move it will only be forward unless over my cold dead body, give me some more of that. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

15 minutes ago, surfer said:

It’s real simple.

Exactly!! I’m not going to be all doom & gloom over our situation. It is not life or death. It is sports. So yes the AAU & OCS are more valuable to me as a USF fan than the power whatever they call themselves now club…

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Days Won:  2

53 minutes ago, DontPushMe said:

Very well said. It's like the analogy of a frog in boiling water. If you drop a frog in boiling water it jumps out. If you put it in normal temp water and slowly increase it to boiling he boils. 

If in 2008 we had announced we are joining a conference with FAU, North Texas, Charlotte, San Antonio etc heads would have rolled. Yet because it's happened slowly most here are just resigned to it. 

Being associated with these schools is an absolute embarrassment and should never be accepted. We should go independent if we insist on pressing on with football. Play as many road one and dones as needed to stay afloat. Being connected to **** makes us **** by association. 

There should be an uproar. Everyone who has been involved in the athletic program in the past 5-10 years should be fired. 

I find what you are saying pretty ridiculous because this is USF we are talking about.  USF athletics has pretty much done nothing, ever!  The schools you list are just as likely to be embarrassed to be associated with us as vice versa.  If we didn't suck at everything, just about all the time, your complaints might be a little more valid.  We just need to figure out how to be better, first and foremost.