• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,783
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Stadium or ACC?

Tough one.

Personal preference: ACC

Bidness: Stadium

Why would I say something like that? Because - and this just mean old Mister Robinson's thinking - the stadium can get utility and serve as a building block for a decade to come. And in that decade, I do not believe U of SF will be playing ACC conference foes over on Fowler Avenue. So, if we're gonna be in the AAC, why not have a nice house? 'Cause the house will still be there, in time, when/if USF ever gets called up to the bigs. My personal preference would be ACC inclusion, simply for entertainment purposes. If U of SF were playing an ACC schedule, I'm not certain that I'd be pining for an OCS. It'd be nice, just maybe not as important. 🤔

Edited by WoolyBully

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

3 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

No we don't.  This really doesn't change all that much... sure USF to the "Pac 12" was fun to think about - but when FSU leaves the ACC, and they WILL leave, that USF's path.  Always has been.

It changes the fact that the ACC would be expanding not just West, but to the Far West, and that hurts us since the ACC may want to create a bridge between those teams and current ACC teams. That's really the only real reason they are considering SMU as well.

Even if FSU leaves there is still Miami. I don't buy that the ACC by all costs would want two Florida ACC teams. The Sec has one, the Big 12 has one. Miami could possibly want to block us and now they could use Westward expansion as an excuse. Need to start winning now to make a better case for ourselves for when the time comes

I still want to see a PAC/ Mountain West/ AAC merger at this point even if Cal , Stanford, and SMU are gone.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

57 minutes ago, Brad said:

Stadium or ACC?

8 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

Tough one.

Personal preference: ACC

Bidness: Stadium

Why would I something like that? Because - and this just mean old Mister Robinson's thinking - the stadium can get utility and serve as a building block for a decade to come. And in that decade, I do not believe U of SF will be playing ACC conference foes over on Fowler Avenue. So, if we're gonna be in the AAC, why not have a nice house? 'Cause the house will still be there, in time, when/if USF ever gets called up to the bigs. My personal preference would be ACC inclusion, simply for entertainment purposes. If U of SF were playing an ACC schedule, I'm not certain that I'd be pining for an OCS. It'd be nice, just maybe not as important. 🤔

I'm still not exactly sure what the Chief's kinda cryptic post meant ...

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,483
  • Days Won:  43

43 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

USF should put a pin in the stadium idea and use that money to fund entry into the ACC. We will forego all revenue from the conference for the rest of the current ACC contract. Much better use of the money at this point. 

BTW, we are officially doomed, at least until 2036. I'm going to check out of this thread for the next decade or so. 

If USF cancels the OCS then I’m going to cancel my season tix..

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

We really need the ACC to reject Stanford and Cal.

I don’t really know if that is going to matter. If anything it will probably make FSU find a way out of ACC sooner than expected.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

23 minutes ago, dausfbulls11 said:

Smu? Man this is depressing…..i guess after fsu/clemson/ maybe 3 or 4 leave the acc we might get looked at after tulane, memphis, wash st, and oregon st……seriously, depressing

Why ?

1 - SMU was a power school before the death penalty.

2 - They have DEEEEEEEP pocket donors.  USF does not.

3 - They are a top academic institution... they aren't AAU because they don't do enough research - but they are in the top 75 of schools.

SMU fits the ACC profile as well as (if not better than) USF does.

1 minute ago, Jim Johnson said:

Why ?

3 - They are a top academic institution... they aren't AAU because they don't do enough research - but they are in the top 75 of schools.

I still don’t get why SMU’s attendance flat out sucks. Probably because they are a smaller private school in the middle of Dallas. 

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

7 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Why ?

I wasnt knocking SMU, i was saying our conference just got worse again

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

4 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Why ?

And SMU also gives them a footprint in Texas.

Big 12, ACC will come out stronger with changes this year

SMU leaving the AAC would be horrible for the AAC since it strengthens the Mountain West position to add WSU and OSU.

What would stop the Mountain West to then go after UTSA and Memphis?

If at all possible ( and if these rumors about Cal, and Stanford, and SMU are true), the AAC has to strike now and add Pac leftovers, and best Mountain West teams

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

38 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

If USF cancels the OCS then I’m going to cancel my season tix..

If they canceled it to bribe ACC and got into ACC, would you cancel?