• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

34 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

MK probably just doesn’t want to get bombarded with questions about realignment and renderings.  I doubt he is out of town.

He has 2 daughters in college who are likely moving back to their respective Universities this weekend.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

3 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

He has 2 daughters in college who are likely moving back to their respective Universities this weekend.

So he is right where he should be. Good stuff.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Cat941 said:

Anyone know the whereabouts of VPMK?  👀  

Can any sleuths on here check to see if any private planes headed out west yesterday or today to the same airport from Tampa, New Orleans, Dallas, Memphis, Philadelphia, Boise, San Diego, Fort Collins ++?  One can hope.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/18/2023 at 8:38 PM, Who'sYourData? said:

This would be a better conference then what would be left of the AAC, period.  A road exists to the playoffs.  Also likely would double TV revenue.  You have to take it.  Would not be wise to stay behind in a conference that would move down in the pecking order, because other schools would jump.

There is no iteration of a future PAC that would double the revenue of the current aac.  The aac deal will be averaging about 10m/season by the time the MWC deal ends in a couple years.  That has stability and ny6/bball credits with solid linear coverage in an established league that is already ‘best of the rest’.  

People keep assuming things that don’t exist will magically be there because -what? The PAC name? Who here honestly thinks any media partner is opening their checkbook to create essentially a new conference with cal and Stanford as the headliners?

The aac is the best spot for us today and tomorrow on all fronts.  If the acc decides to expand with significant shares then get back to me.  Leaving the aac to join western castoffs is accelerating death.

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

5 hours ago, Triple B said:

If they had to choose, the school chose the one they could have the most control over in acquiring ....

4 hours ago, olafberserker said:

Football has been in a nosedive since Strong arrived.  No one was discussing MK ...... 

ucf chose to pursue the P5 ... they had control over that and attained it

Maybe "have the most control over" was the wrong way to put it. The AAU has a pretty extensive, specific, published list of membership principles and indicators that schools can strive for, if they choose to .... and USF chose to. Not every school does. I guess that's what I kind of meant by having control over.

No one was discussing UCF ... 

On 8/18/2023 at 3:05 PM, BullyPulpit said:

We aren't anywhere near an ACC invite, so it is easy to say that. If we could get in you 100% take it. Unfortunately, for us, that isn't even a concern. And of course we are focused on being the best athletics program we can be. It isn't like improving your conference and on field performance are mutually exclusive. 

I’m not saying they’re mutually exclusive.  I’m saying there isn’t an option out there to improve the conference that involves us going anywhere.

On 8/18/2023 at 3:17 PM, belgianbull said:

I see what you are saying and we have to focus on just winning, but what conference you are in and how tough a schedule you play affects whether you make it to play offs or what bowl game you play in. We could go 10-2 in a depleted AAC and still no one would notice. There is unmeasurable benefit of being in ACC or Pac merger.

ACC yes, assuming it comes with a raise.  PAC, not at all.  

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

12 minutes ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

There is no iteration of a future PAC that would double the revenue of the current aac.  The aac deal will be averaging about 10m/season by the time the MWC deal ends in a couple years.  That has stability and ny6/bball credits with solid linear coverage in an established league that is already ‘best of the rest’.  

People keep assuming things that don’t exist will magically be there because -what? The PAC name? Who here honestly thinks any media partner is opening their checkbook to create essentially a new conference with cal and Stanford as the headliners?

The aac is the best spot for us today and tomorrow on all fronts.  If the acc decides to expand with significant shares then get back to me.  Leaving the aac to join western castoffs is accelerating death.

Not saying a backfilled PAC would be a great conference, but there is value to the brand. Yes, the PAC went through a period of  mismanagement and poor leadership. Does it deserve to die? I don't think so... It's hard to argue over 100 years of history. Brands can be revitalized... Look at Apple. 

Edited by Bull Nut

On 8/18/2023 at 3:21 PM, flsportsfan83 said:

I don't think the deals have an expiration date. I know the TV Contract does. Have never heard of a conference allowing you in on a deal with a term. I could be wrong, but follow this stuff pretty close. 

Who in their right mind would sign any deal in perpetuity? If there’s no tv contract there’s no conference effectively, no revenue.  No court could hold a school back from leaving in that circumstance.