• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  61
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, michibull said:

For sure, I can see this being a real number, just based on Apple wanting CFB, they are a subscription (don’t have to worry about cord cutters, haha) and they poured stupid money into MLS. Like you, I am hoping for the best and this would be great. 

I am not sure what is worse............The AAC exit fee, the crazy travel costs, or the streaming only with no network TV exposure 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

Just now, JAFFX2 said:

I am not sure what is worse............The AAC exit fee, the crazy travel costs, or the streaming only with no network TV exposure 

Yes.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  149
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, michibull said:

IMG_2145.png.223c5cba52699277215f2db98f62e698.png

I just had a random thought about a possible merger. Every "business decision" is ultimately made by humans (until AI takes all our jobs) with their own biases, experiences, wants, etc. So would Aresco be in favor of merging conferences and possibly be out of a job? Or, on the flip side, could he be the commissioner of the PAAC? In which case he would probably very much try to steer AAC presidents that direction.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

2 minutes ago, Bull Gooner said:

I just had a random thought about a possible merger. Every "business decision" is ultimately made by humans (until AI takes all our jobs) with their own biases, experiences, wants, etc. So would Aresco be in favor of merging conferences and possibly be out of a job? Or, on the flip side, could he be the commissioner of the PAAC? In which case he would probably very much try to steer AAC presidents that direction.

Considering the PAC12 went to a PAC 4 under the current commissioner’s watch, I’m thinking that’s not a ringing endorsement of him ….?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

6 minutes ago, JAFFX2 said:

I get you don't want it to happen. This isn't an attempt to convince you it'd be a good thing. But the exit fee would be made up for in just two years of more than double the AAC's revenue ($7m I believe). Travel costs can be managed with divisions and wouldn't be that much more than what we're already paying because the AAC is also very spread out. As for streaming only, I'd be very surprised if the PAC agreed to streaming only - more likely, there'd be some kind of partnership between Apple TV and ESPN based on tiers and marquee games. FWIW I'm not as negative about it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

Just now, Triple B said:

Considering the PAC12 went to a PAC 4 under the current commissioner’s watch, I’m thinking that’s not a ringing endorsement of him ….?

Right. If there's a rebuilt PAC (with or without merger), Oliver Luck will be the new commissioner. Aresco seems likely to retire sooner rather than later.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

6 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

6C4FE3E1-62F9-423A-8540-C62A82F70F96.png

I’m curious as to what possible account you would have blocked …?

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, JAFFX2 said:

We get network TV exposure? I only catch games on ESPN+, but then again, I don’t have cable, I’m one of “those” people 😂 Travel costs for us would be mitigated to a trip to the Pacific once or twice a year for sports, remember, it’s only 4 PAC teams. AAC exit fee? We would pay that off in 2 years with the increased revenue of 15 mil/yr. 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The way he handled everything it reminds me of how that big east commissioner handled everything. What ever happened to him ?