• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

19 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

I think this is where our paths might diverge. I'm a big CFB fan, and was long before USF played, and am a USF fan (think Venn diagram). As for 'heard of our opponents' I felt the same way when USF first started playing. I was plugged into Charlotte since the 70's, since that's where a number of my friends went to school, and of course, playing USF in days gone by (hoops). It's not like USF has been taking the field against the likes of Michigan, Texas and UCLA with any regularity. UAB? Hand me that atlas. I remember when we had a game against ECU, and (not naming names) was looking into rooms for a potentially great road trip. Unfortunately, he was looking into Greenville, South Carolina rather than Greenville, North Carolina. Glad that cleared up beforehand. 

I would forgive him for that one. If you've ever had the misfortune of spending any time in the NC version of Greenville, you will wish you were in SC.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,002

Wouldn't it be amazing if AAU is a catalyst for us in realignment so soon after it was awarded. 

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,002

WWW.SI.COM
The AAC would be able to pitch the Bay Area schools on the academic credentials of some of its members, most notably Rice, Tulane, the Naval Academy and SMU. South Florida is also a recent addition to the prestigious Association of American Universities, of which Stanford and Cal are charter members dating to 1900.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

5 hours ago, Brad said:

I'm not a big fan AT ALL of CFB.  I'm a fan of USF and likely there exists a school I have never heard of.  So there are at least two of us that don't meet your definition of a CFB fan.

Hmmm.  I have heard of every single FBS program, and can probably name every conference each FBS program is in also.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

That's really good for you.  I have struggled to name all the teams in the AAC when asked.  No way I could name 100+ FBS schools.  But then, I'm not a CFB fan...that's the point here.  I don't watch football outside of USF Football with one exception and that is Arizona State football with my ASU grad son.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

6 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Hmmm.  I have heard of every single FBS program, and can probably name every conference each FBS program is in also.

How many minutes is it until Wapner? 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

7 hours ago, Brad said:

That's really good for you.  I have struggled to name all the teams in the AAC when asked.  No way I could name 100+ FBS schools.  But then, I'm not a CFB fan...that's the point here.  I don't watch football outside of USF Football with one exception and that is Arizona State football with my ASU grad son.

Basically. You just need to make sure you don’t forget USF’s name. If that happens then we are in trouble lol 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

9 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Basically. You just need to make sure you don’t forget USF’s name. If that happens then we are in trouble lol 

It won’t be from lack of effort

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Cat941 said:
WWW.SI.COM
The AAC would be able to pitch the Bay Area schools on the academic credentials of some of its members, most notably Rice, Tulane, the Naval Academy and SMU. South Florida is also a recent addition to the prestigious Association of American Universities, of which Stanford and Cal are charter members dating to 1900.

Ultimately, I’d be happy if we added the Pac4, it would be a consolation prize and it would improve our conference. End goal would be ACC, but I’d be cool with AAC+Pac4 while we get back to winning. 

• Upvote 1