• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, GoBulls84 said:

I think the networks are banking on the idea that all college football fans will still tune in to watch those two super conferences whenever they break off and do their own thing (whether it's all current members or they drop some of the dead weight). What they don't realize is we already have the NFL, we don't need an NFL Lite, and college football fandom is way different than CFB fandom

I saw a post that said like this.  They are not trying to get existing college football fans to tune in.

"They want a Giants fan in NY and a Patriots fan in Boston and a Cowboys fan in Dallas who happens to see that Ohio State is playing USC while channel surfing and decides to watch for an hour or so."

NFL executives have this idea they can capture some additional eyeballs from non-traditional fans with bigger matchups of known programs.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, TallyBull said:

Lol nothing about Blacksburg or VaTech is "magnificent."

Come on ... Enter Sandman is pretty cool.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

7 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Come on ... Enter Sandman is pretty cool.

Hopefully it is going to be a future road trip for USF. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

Not finding anything for Stanford or Cal.

This is the AAC or MWC backroom deal stage of their arc.

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

FWIW

Not finding anything for Stanford or Cal.

Big 12

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Cat941 said:

is an indictment of college athletics.

What does that mean? Does it mean that you'll finally have to say in open court that "Yes, in-deed-ie Your Honor, this is now, and has been for some time a business. I'll admit, we throw out all kinds of jib-jab about being compassionate souls interested in shaping the lives of young men, but - and it's not really news - we're a bottom-line business. Wanna watch football athletics for the sake of football athletics? Drive down the street, take a left and whip into the parking lot on Friday night.  Otherwise, just accept the fact we're in the money-making business. And we've all, every one of us, been in on it for a long, long, time. Can I hop off the stand, Your Honor. I've got a donor's banquet to get to and a bunch of media folks have some presentation they want to give ...". 

:FIREdevil:

pic01.jpg

Edited by WoolyBully
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

17 minutes ago, Gismo said:

The only way to increase our athletics income is to increase our fanbase and win games. 

Yep, because it's all about interest. Interest and discretionary spending on behalf of your fanbase. We've beat this dead horse for decades. Start winning, produce an experience that is worth the outlay in time and money to the fans and things will right themselves. The relentless whining and crying "Mommie! They won't let me play! They won't let me play!" gets old and eventually falls on deaf ears. College football is a business that rewards the successful and does not reward the struggling. Especially now when we look at conference realignment.  Would USF be in a different position had we done XYZ in years past? Maybe. But there's nothing to do but go forward and make decisions and investments, and it will be uphill, that pay off in the future. Win in the AAC, build a program that is attractive to recruits, and build the fanbase for the next generation of Bulls fans. We've already run through a quarter century of football. We can't rely on winning the lottery* as a strategy for success. 

* falling into a Power confernece as filler

Edited by WoolyBully
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

21 minutes ago, Gismo said:

The only way to increase our athletics income is to increase our fanbase and win games. 

More fans, even if we are stuck in the AAC, we can maybe negotiate more media revenue. 

I think the many years lacking an OCS kept us from maximizing our fanbase growth. We should have started building one sometime from 2007-2010. We’re a decade behind in a crucial time of realignment. 

I think the OCS will produce more fans as students graduate. 

Well said!! Yeah the outlook is  is finally starting to look better for USF. It all started with the announcement of the OCS. Fun times ahead 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

None of the ACC schools want to “move” to a different conference.  They are a group of like minded schools with a long history together.  They have equal access to the playoffs and the money that comes from the CFP.  Obviously their problem is their media rights contract.  FSU is pissed because Ruturds makes more than they do.   Disney could fix all this instantly if they were feeling benevolent and leveled the proverbial playing field across a the remaining P4 conferences.  

Since we know that ain’t happening, what about a structured payout system.  20 teams in 4 conferences.  Finish first in your conference you get 12% of the revenue, second place gets 10%, 3-5th get 6% each and then the remaining 15 teams each get 4%.  That way you can keep the dead weight Boston Colleges of the world, bring in some new high growth blood like Memphis, USF, Boise, etc and let them compete for their share.  

• Upvote 1