• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, michibull said:

Honestly, we can’t work for free, BUT, playing in the ACC would improve our business more than staying in the AAC. If we can make what we make now, but play ACC teams, we would get back to BE attendance and TV ratings which would only increase our revenue; which is what SMU is probably thinking. 

Is that the paac?

• Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

3 minutes ago, 350_BULL said:

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/1689269888563523585

- Cal, Stanford taking a 60-70% share

- SMU open to forgoing 5+ years of distribution

Not sure if this was already discussed but here comes the next phase of realignment. The bidding wars. SMU proposal especially, this is crazy. We can't compete with that. So now we may have to compete with others willing to practically work for free just to join a power conference.

We're in trouble.

You know what I never see in these reports? Any explanation as to how any of these new proposed schools/financials will placate the ACC schools that want to leave. Because they won't. And that's the primary issue!

Remember, it takes a significant percentage of the membership to vote for expansion (I don't know precisely what that is, but I suspect it's 3/4 of the membership). When someone reports that there are enough votes in the ACC to expand to include the PAC-2 and SMU, I'll be concerned. I suspect FSU, Clemson, and UM (at least) will not vote for such a proposal. And if they don't but the rest of the conference overrides them, it simply makes their push to get out of the conference that more critical - how can they stay in a conference where their opinions are essentially ignored?

This ACC thing is a fight over money. Until someone shows me that adding the PAC-2 and SMU will solve the ACC's money issue and satisfy FSU, Clemson, and UM (and perhaps others), I'll remain skeptical about all of this. Could just be an ESPN/ACC smokescreen.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  694
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, michibull said:

Honestly, we can’t work for free, BUT, playing in the ACC would improve our business more than staying in the AAC. If we can make what we make now, but play ACC teams, we would get back to BE attendance and TV ratings which would only increase our revenue; which is what SMU is probably thinking. 

Very valid point. I also read more into it since I posted, when you consider that we make 7M from our AAC contract shoot we aren't that far from peanuts as it is. So yes you are spot on. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327

This has to be a new low... 

work-for-free.jpg

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960

2 minutes ago, Bull Nut said:

This has to be a new low... 

work-for-free.jpg

I feel like it’s when I interviewed for my first job out of school “just give me a chance to prove what I can do!”

• Haha 1
  • Crying 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,503
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, michibull said:

I feel like it’s when I interviewed for my first job out of school “just give me a chance to prove what I can do!”

Yeah. DJ’s hate it when other DJ’s work for free as it ends up messing up their true market values. AAC should probably just kick out SMU if the rumors or true. 

2 minutes ago, michibull said:

I've always been a fan of commission-only compensation. It creates hunger 🤣.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,503
  • Days Won:  43

There still is hope…

F78D5A8C-018B-4521-B34C-BF9723B24440.png

2 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

There still is hope…

F78D5A8C-018B-4521-B34C-BF9723B24440.png

You're aware people can make unsubstantiated claims on Twitter, right?

• Haha 4

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, Cat941 said:

The ACC seems like a carrot being dangled in front of us.

Perhaps...but you have to consider who is doing the 'dangling'. Is it anyone in a position of executive decision making, authority, documents signing m**** f*****  or is it the nebulous twittersphere (was I s'posed to say Xosphere?) and multiple instances of "I know a guy, who knows, a guy, who heard", or just wishful thinking?  

We've had basketball for half a century and made The Tournament thrice, making it past the first round but once. Waiting is what we do best. I think we're going to be waiting for a considerable time to come before we look attractive to THEM. Face it, at this point in time there are quality, established programs that are standing on shaky ground, so getting miracled into the P5 (perhaps I should start saying A4...assuming it doesn't drop to A3) is not an agenda item. 

• Like 1