• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

What would the argument be? I only like it when I do it to other conferences and schools?

Exactly. Free market. As long as they pay their exit fees schools are free to be a whore as much as they like 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  68
  • Days Won:  0

WWW.MSN.COM

College football realignment rumors: AAC looking to add the Pac-12 holdovers

What I like about the AAC potentially absorbing the Pac-12 leftovers is that the league has always been national in scope, that is has a strong linear television partnership with ESPN and that is has been by far and away the strongest Group of Five conference throughout the College Football Playoff era. At this stage of game, it is all about adding inventory, particularly on the West Coast.

Not to say the four Pac-12 holdovers will do a number on linear TV, but we know Oregon State and Washington State have proud and rabid fanbases that will pack their stadiums to the brim. As far as Cal and Stanford are concerned, they have put forth very competitive football teams in years past. They have rigid academic standards to navigate, but can put forth winning products at times.

Ultimately, I think rapid AAC expansion by way of the leftover absorption helps both parties considerably. The Pac-12 schools get a new and competitive league to play in, while the AAC increases its market visibility and television inventory. It may be a step down for the other four, but the AAC has outpaced the more-established Mountain West for the better part of a decade.

College football realignment was never about making geographical sense; it's all about the money.

Edited by 86atlbull

I wonder who will be the first person to break the news of USF leaving AAC?? 

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, Bull Matrix said:

I wonder who will be the first person to break the news of USF leaving AAC?? 

Bull Matrix

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

What would the argument be? I only like it when I do it to other conferences and schools?

Better,  I am as greedy as they are so come on judge give it to me.    😀

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

1 minute ago, USFBULL_08 said:

xCJL has every reason to be bitter against USF, but he's still a cheerleader. Did he make mistakes? Sure. But at some point, USF needs to reconcile with the father of USF football.

Not trying to hijack the thread. Just glad he's doing his part to help USF in conference realignment. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Heck yeah! Great to see CJL put out the truths. It makes to much sense so it probably means it won’t happen lol 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Triple B said:

He's already broken it ..... numerous times.

lol I mean from a reputable source like a reporter or anyone in the media. I’m just a USF fan hoping good things will happen lol