• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

9 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

Remember watching flight tracking in the past when we were looking for clues about coaching hires?  We should be watching Mike Kelly.  Can we pin down where he is today?  Any recent tweets?  

Well he was already up near BigTen HQ recently…

Basically I think it is time for ACC to do something lol 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,046
  • Days Won:  10

11 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

A lot of rumors that AAC will step up and raid the MWC while gobbling up the Forgotten 4 from PAC. 

Yes, I hope so. but the AAC kind of screwed themselves with adding Charlotte, North Texas, and Rice from the stand point of being able to add another number of teams without having 20 teams in the conference. However that should still be the plan regardless.

we could have a east division with USF, FAU, Tulane, Navy, Army, UAB, Temple, Charlotte, Memphis, Appalachian State and ECU

and a west division with UTSA, SMU, Rice, Tulsa, North Texas, Boise State, San Diego State, Fresno State, Air Force, Washington State, and Oregon State.

• ???? 1

I saw that tweet earlier and it looks like the sunset may be a clue that USF may be heading west ?? 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

41 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

What other east coast teams besides App State would make our conference better.

In my opinion on the other hand  being in a conference with teams like Boise State, San Diego State, Fresno State, Oregon State, and Washington State would greatly improve our situation.

App, Liberty and Coastal would be fine with me.

Wash, Oregon State and Fresno bring nothing. I'd be fine with Boise and SDSU, but I dont think the distance is worth it. Pac and MW should just merge and call it a day.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

45 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

What other east coast teams besides App State would make our conference better.

In my opinion on the other hand  being in a conference with teams like Boise State, San Diego State, Fresno State, Oregon State, and Washington State would greatly improve our situation.

This would require some serious maneuvering but a west/east coast doesn't sound terrible.

22 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

A lot of rumors that AAC will step up and raid the MWC while gobbling up the Forgotten 4 from PAC. 

I think MWC team buyouts are like 30M now (heard this on SC or twitter or reddit cfb or here???)

If that's the case, it will be tough to get any of those teams. MWC would have to figure out a merger or restructure of contract. They aren't letting teams walk without paying up.

1 minute ago, Sk00b said:

This would require some serious maneuvering but a west/east coast doesn't sound terrible.

I think MWC team buyouts are like 30M now (heard this on SC or twitter or reddit cfb or here???)

If that's the case, it will be tough to get any of those teams. MWC would have to figure out a merger or restructure of contract. They aren't letting teams walk without paying up.

What a hot mess lol. This is the type of chaos that USF needed imo. College football is getting to the point of blowing up the whole thing and starting from scratch lol 

• Content Count:  1,722
  • Days Won:  6

A lot of people I talk with that follow USF are getting tired of/frustrated with Michael Kelly. And yes I don’t talk with a whole bunch of people but MK is not popular around the “water cooler” in my social circles lol. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,919
  • Days Won:  67

2 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

A lot of people I talk with that follow USF are getting tired of/frustrated with Michael Kelly. And yes I don’t talk with a whole bunch of people but MK is not popular around the “water cooler” in my social circles lol. 

I am far enough removed to not know one way or the other, however the two revenue sports have been horrendous and it would be hard to support the guy on what he has done thus far.  

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  1,722
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

I am far enough removed to not know one way or the other, however the two revenue sports have been horrendous and it would be hard to support the guy on what he has done thus far.  

Agreed. There is a reason he hasn’t been poached by bigger schools and I think we are seeing it.