• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

49 minutes ago, michibull said:

What’s insane is how Oregon St, Wash St, Stanford and Cal all feel right now. It was one thing when the Big East collapsed, most of the leftovers were newly promoted G5’s, these are historically P5 schools being demoted. Especially Cal and Stanford who have given good P5’s with history. It’s a sad day for college football. 

image.png.02e4ff2767c0cd7368ef5f4fb09be853.png

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

I do wonder what the B1G and SEC will eventually do with their lower tier teams such as Illinois, Northwestern, Rutgers, Indiana, Nebraska Purdue, and Vanderbilt. Eventually they will either have to take less money or will be replaced by programs bringing in more money.

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

I do wonder what the B1G and SEC will eventually do with their lower tier teams such as Illinois, Northwestern, Rutgers, Indiana, Nebraska, and Vanderbilt. Eventually they will either have to take less money or will be replaced by programs bringing in more money.

Isn’t Indiana a founding member of the B1G?

42 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

Don't believe that Stanford (or Cal) will left behind.  Just can't see it.  They won 25 Learfield Cups in a row I saw.  

The fact that there's a distinct possibility they might just shows even more how ****** up this all is .....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

Isn’t Indiana a founding member of the B1G?

Does that matter these days? Oregon ,USC, UCLA, and Washington was a founding member of the PAC/PCC and apparently they are leaving.

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The fact that there's a distinct possibility they might just shows even more how ****** up this all is .....

Football matters more than all the other sports combined for money.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Does that matter these days? Oregon ,USC, UCLA, and Washington was a founding member of the PAC/PCC and apparently they are leaving.

Football matters more than all the other sports combined for money.

You would see the top teams leave the Big ten & SEC and form the MEGA Conference 

45 minutes ago, 350_BULL said:

It is a very sad day but honestly I can't say that I feel bad for those schools. Been reading about how mad and frustrated they are but all I can say is welcome to purgatory. These "big schools" now get to walk in our shoes and see what it's like being on the outside looking in. 

Those schools have been playing football for 125 years and been in a major conference for 60. Their "shoes" are significantly different than ours and they should be ten times more mad and frustrated than some think we should be ....

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, John Lewis said:

Congrats on 3000!!

I was here

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, michibull said:

What’s insane is how Oregon St, Wash St, Stanford and Cal all feel right now. It was one thing when the Big East collapsed, most of the leftovers were newly promoted G5’s, these are historically P5 schools being demoted. Especially Cal and Stanford who have given good P5’s with history. It’s a sad day for college football. 

They're going to make more with a half-share in the Big Ten than they would have with a full share in the former PAC

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Those schools have been playing football for 125 years and been in a major conference for 60. Their "shoes" are significantly different than ours and they should be ten times more mad and frustrated than some think we should be ....

They have no one to blame but themselves. They had a chance to destroy the big 12 years ago but they were too nice I guess