• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

5 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Given where we are located I believe we are uniquely situated to do better than WVU and Rutgers. I'm not saying we would be winning those conferences, but we have enough athletes that will want to play in Tampa if the games were meaningful. What 21 year-old wants to be in Morgantown or Piscataway? 

we will never be able to compete financially with Ohio State, Alabama, Texas, USC etc. especially now that players will be paid.

Hell we haven't been able to compete in the AAC without paid players.

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Strangely I do not recall seeing any fanbases calling to move down in conferences or pining to move down to the AAC where they can be competitive. Being in the minor leads is not a positive thing for anyone including the fanbase.

The idea that it is better to stay relegated is just something people tell themselves to cope with being relegated, which is why it is posed as being better to not be called up and not be competitive instead of moving down since you are not competitive.

You cannot stay in a conference that is where you are comfortable because someone is going to bet on themselves and take the opportunity you are scared of which will continue you on the freefall that is being in a declining conference. 

Being poached by a conference is always good and being in a poached conference is always bad, there is no virtue in trying to find the bottom of competition just so you can beat up on the less competitive.

Winning matters but not any more than who it is that you have the opportunity to try to beat.

I've never said we shouldn't move up but I guarantee if you asked fans of many programs that have moved up if they prefer the way things have gone the last 10 years since moving or the 10 before they moved, most would say the 10 before they moved.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

10 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

That part of the argument doesn't hold a whole lot of water IMO.  So Rutgers is playing the best but not beating the best. Probably never will. I was happy watching Taggart's team win 10 games. If/when we move up to a "major" conference we can look forward to more years like the past 3 record wise. USF will never win a national title so I'm fine with beating up on whichever teams are in our conference. Saturdays at a game are much more enjoyable when you win, again IMO.  

This is my latest contribution to getting to 3,000 pages this weekend. 

If you ask many fans would you rather beat OSU 1 time or ECU 12 times many fans are going to take that one win. It is even more for who will be willing to go watch either event. Losing to ECU feels bad but winning doesn't feel great, reprieve from feeling bad isn't exactly exciting but only sounds better than our suffering. 

I said many times last year that if CJS beat UF that was good enough for me to see what he can do here, beating 5 conference members and an FCS team may have gotten me to reduce my ire but it certainly was not going to make me excited. 

• Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

6 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

It doesn't hold water for you but the facts are more people attended games when we were in the big east winning meaningful games, not when we had a streak in the AAC

Again, it's up to Rutgers to stop sucking.  We have won just as many conference championships as they have since they left while in an easier conference.  Losing can just happen regardless of what conference.  Good money ONLY happens in a good conference.

According to you they should move down to the G5 yet I guarantee their fan base doesn't want that.

"Get good" is the answer, not give up and move away.

comparing uSFs attendance doesn't prove anything. we have been terrible in a lower conference for the most part.

compare WVUs attendance from when they were winning in the Big east to now with three of four losing seasons.

or many of the others that moved up.

Hell I bet Miami regrets ever leaving the Big East. They have never won the ACC.

They won the Big East 9 times. 2 National Championships while there.

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

If you ask many fans would you rather beat OSU 1 time or ECU 12 times many fans are going to take that one win. It is even more for who will be willing to go watch either event. Losing to ECU feels bad but winning doesn't feel great, reprieve from feeling bad isn't exactly exciting but only sounds better than our suffering. 

I said many times last year that if CJS beat UF that was good enough for me to see what he can do here, beating 5 conference members and an FCS team may have gotten me to reduce my ire but it certainly was not going to make me excited. 

Would you feel the same about beating UF if you were in their conference and went 1-8 most every year?

I get the one big game argument. most of our most memorable games were one off wins.

That WVU top 5 win at home was one of the best though and they were in the lowly big east at the time.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

13 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

I've never said we shouldn't move up 

Think Tim Robinson GIF by NETFLIX

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

Like I said fans who actually want to watch winning football are not enjoying their moves at all.

no fans are enjoying the money over winning football.

18 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

I'd rather be a part of the 2nd tier 

26 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

I guess all those fans of Vandy, South Carolina, Arkansas, etc just need to wait their turn.

Hell there's 8 current SEC members that haven't won a conference championship in my lifetime and I'm 53 years old.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

I've never said we shouldn't move up but I guarantee if you asked fans of many programs that have moved up if they prefer the way things have gone the last 10 years since moving or the 10 before they moved, most would say the 10 before they moved.

What you are missing is that staying the way it was is not an option, because if you do not leave someone else is going to. Their options were to leave or end up like us and trust me even if we were winning here that is not a very hard decision. If we stay here even after another round of call ups we could win every game against what is left and our stadium we plan on building will never average being more than half full, if we won a few games a year in the B1G or SEC our stadium would need 20k more seats. 

People want to be a part of the excitement, they want to be a part of an event, they want to be a part of the greater conversation and they want to see David beat Goliath. There is no noise to be made in the AAC because there is no one there to see it. The AAC has made us the invisible man and the only way to win the conference is to get out of it. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

4 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

Think Tim Robinson GIF by NETFLIX

Shouldn't would indicate that we have an option. We don't.

Can you point out where I said if we get an invite that we should turn it down?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  149
  • Days Won:  0

56 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

They’d rather shack up with leftover Pac-12 schools

Seems so dirty when you put it this way. 😁

• Haha 1