• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,484
  • Days Won:  43

7 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I personally would like this. Not my dream scenario, but a much better scenario than we are currently in.

At least some people will be happy that USF got invited to a P5 conference lol

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,713
  • Days Won:  424

4 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Conference realignment is a joke.  Go ahead, idiots, keep ruining college football.  The only thing left is to just win games and be the best team among your conference mates.  We can't control any of this crap, so all we have is to root for USF to win games.  I still believe that everything is cyclical, and someday these mega conferences will collapse and we will be right back to regional conferences with traditional rivalries (what the fans want instead of what the networks think we want).

Until then, I need USF to win some games and keep me entertained.

Although this is diametrically opposed to the spirit of this thread, couldn't agree more. Stop ******* worrying about who we're playing,  get our **** together on the field/court and aim for goals we actually have control over.

• Upvote 2

7482ACBA-125B-408A-8CEE-247AE2FBDF0E.png

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  958
  • Days Won:  1

I honestly think that the ACC should be proactive and offer UCONN and USF now, get 2 more schools/AD’s in your conferences corner and strengthen a bit. Both schools fit the academic profile and UCONN brings basketball and USF brings Tampa. I think it would be foolish for them to just wait for 2036. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bull Matrix said:

7482ACBA-125B-408A-8CEE-247AE2FBDF0E.png

This is interesting. If the big 12 is only looking to have 14 football members then they may have a hard time with only getting one of the AZ schools. I believe I heard something that AZ & ASU are joined at the hip and would be a political nightmare mare if they ended up in different conferences. Kind of like the Oregon & Washington situation that came up during the big ten rumors. Politics jumped in and made those rumors go away lol

1 minute ago, michibull said:

I honestly think that the ACC should be proactive and offer UCONN and USF now, get 2 more schools/AD’s in your conferences corner and strengthen a bit. Both schools fit the academic profile and UCONN brings basketball and USF brings Tampa. I think it would be foolish for them to just wait for 2036. 

I agree with this. Hopefully MK has been in discussions already 

B3AA328D-730C-42C1-BCC1-3A2F4121CFE4.png

Rumors are heating up more than ever before regarding USF….

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

Build the stadium.  If they release renderings in the next couple of months they are a head of the game.  Point is, this administration gets it, the PAC12 is crumbling their is going to be movement over the next couple of years and if we can start winning on the field we will be in good position to go to another conference.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

The one thing that has consistently killed conferences, over and over again, reliably, is timidity. 

ACC or PAC 12 need to be aggressive, right now. Big 12 as much as I don't like Dorkmark or some of the programs, did exactly this and look at where they are. B1G and SEC both went for the kills. I just feel like the PAC 12 and ACC are just sitting there in their corporate suits with their corporate bullet points and not rolling up their sleeves and knocking it out of the park. Regardless of what Colorado does today or did yesterday, long long ago they should have realized their instability and consolidated power by adding programs like UConn, SMU, USF, SDSU, etc, but they waited. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,919
  • Days Won:  33

2 hours ago, Peatearpan said:

Why would Central and Cincy leave the B12 so quickly in this scenario? 

They wouldn't

• Upvote 2