• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

19 minutes ago, sparkybull said:

I disagree with four power conferences

the distance between the SEC & BIG 10 from ACC/BIG 12 is too much. I still believe this is a power 2 situation for years to come until there is as larger restructuring of the playoff or TV deals.

with that said I also still hope USF can join the ACC in the next few years as things shake up. 

....and become a basketball school and get sponsored by jordan.....

THERE'S NO REASON WE CAN'T BE GREAT AT BASKETBALL 🤣

I agree with this. I believe the ACC is the better conference for USF than the Big 12

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

CFB about to suck!

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

54 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

CFB about to suck!

Agreed.  This season I am less interested in college football than ever before.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,578
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Bull Daly said:

I agree with this. I believe the ACC is the better conference for USF than the Big 12

I also agree with this. Mainly to play Pitt and Syracuse again. Maybe WVU will get pulled into the mix and Miami will still be in the conference.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,846
  • Days Won:  22

If USF gets an invite from Big12 or ACC they’ll take the first one offered.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,578
  • Days Won:  3

47 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

If USF gets an invite from Big12 or ACC they’ll take the first one offered.

I get it, beggars can’t be choosers. If B10 raids PAC again, and the B12 takes the remainders,m though. We may not get that B12 invite. SEC could take some ACC schools at that point, and that would open up the ACC for us to be asked.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,846
  • Days Won:  22

7 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

I get it, beggars can’t be choosers. If B10 raids PAC again, and the B12 takes the remainders,m though. We may not get that B12 invite. SEC could take some ACC schools at that point, and that would open up the ACC for us to be asked.

Lots of IFs. Who knows what will happen or not happen, all USF can do is improve itself. Building the IPF and OCS are good moves, winning this year will be huge, fans supporting USF by buying tickets, showing up to games and donating to NIL, BullsClub and OCS are also huge.

I donated, have season tickets and looking forward to flying in to BYU opener.

Looking back and crying over the past gets us nowhere, only thing we can change is the present and build for the future.

Go Bulls!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Content Count:  27
  • Days Won:  0

Burke Magnus,  the ESPN President of Programming and Content, told the Sports Business Journal talked about the ACC deal, yesterday. He said in 2016 they put down a ton of $$ up front to launch the ACCN. The deal is so long because it takes about 20 years to see any return on it. So basically the ACCN has to succeed and needs the conference in tact, as is to do so. So the SEC is a full partner of ESPN, as well. The GoR put in place was for a reason. Without it, they’d have never launched the ACC network. ESPN and the SEC have a great relationship and are extending their deal through 2034. Basically SEC raiding the ACC would be doing ESPN a massive disservice before 2036. They’d lose a lot $$$. This also means ESPN wouldn’t increase the SEC deal with any new ACC teams until their next go around in 2034. It was a great interview. I mean look at the SEC. They don’t need FSU or Clemson to be relevant. He talked a lot about expansion and how it works. He was professional, so he didn’t give any ideas of who goes where or not. He did say he believed the Big12 was very stable and looked to continue that partnership. Said the same about the PAC, but said they’re working on their stability. He also mentioned rivalries being more important than markets. 
https://twitter.com/andrewmarchand/status/1562394305049903104?s=21&t=w_CplnRAUM4ebwcrOfYTpA

Edited by Eric Ruby

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

48 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

This definitely the scenario I'm hoping for ..... they'd be dragging me kicking and screaming to the B12.

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  27
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Peatearpan said:

The SEC taking ACC schools before the contract is up would be a big disservice to ESPN who just put a boatload of cash up front to launch the ACCN. The ESPN programming president said yesterday it’ll take 20 years to see return on that investment. ESPN would lose a ton of money if that happened. The SEC are partners with ESPN. SEC isn’t gonna screw over their only TV partner. ESPN wouldn’t pay more to the SEC for FSU and Clemson or others, while also taking a financial hit.

Too add, ESPN still has exclusive rights to FSU/UF, Ga/GT, S car/Clemson, Clemson/FSU, UL/KY and the ACC vs SEC neutral site kickoff games.

Edited by Eric Ruby