• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

9 minutes ago, Peatearpan said:

There’s a great market here, but how much of that market is USF’s share? I guess that will grow if we start winning again, but that is going to take sustainable success on the field. Let’s hope Scott can do that, and keep doing it for awhile.

A surprising amount among the younger social media generation actually. Hillsborough county has more USF Football twitter followers than UF+FSU combined. USF also is #1 for football twitter followers in Pinellas, Hernando, and Pasco.

Clearly there are more UF and FSU fans overall in Tampa. But it seems like as long as we can have a great season every now and then we can carve out a bigger and bigger share of this market moving forward

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

54 minutes ago, Mission9 said:

Yeah, no one likes a killjoy.

Nailed It The Office GIF - Nailed It The Office Andy Bernard - Discover &  Share GIFs

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

31 minutes ago, bulloni said:

A surprising amount among the younger social media generation actually. Hillsborough county has more USF Football twitter followers than UF+FSU combined. USF also is #1 for football twitter followers in Pinellas, Hernando, and Pasco.

Clearly there are more UF and FSU fans overall in Tampa. But it seems like as long as we can have a great season every now and then we can carve out a bigger and bigger share of this market moving forward

But does Twitter followers translate financially into butts in the seats? Also how many of those followers follow FSU and/or UF and like those schools more? 

23 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Nailed It The Office GIF - Nailed It The Office Andy Bernard - Discover &  Share GIFs

And this is another reason why people get pissed off and stop following the program because they are not dealing in reality. We need more than hope at this point…we need results. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,089
  • Days Won:  469

Hope started in 2010.

15 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

And this is another reason why people get pissed off and stop following the program because they are not dealing in reality. We need more than hope at this point…we need results. 

Really? So which USF Athletics person is shooting rainbows out his ass about the Big 10 ....?

14 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Really? So which USF Athletics person is shooting rainbows out his ass about the Big 10 ....?

No one from USF Athletics, I am referring to “some” of the fan base. Athletics is doing the right thing by keeping quiet (other than that lame domino tweet by BG) so as to not increase speculation. My point is if you increase the expectation now and all of this may take years (if ever) your going to get more and more disgruntled about where we are. Just wait until the PAC perhaps moves on SMU and they are the fourth AAC team to move up and we are still sitting here holding our dicks. Looking at the long term picture for fans is the way to deal with this…in my opinion 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

13 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

No one from USF Athletics, I am referring to “some” of the fan base. Athletics is doing the right thing by keeping quiet (other than that lame domino tweet by BG) so as to not increase speculation. My point is if you increase the expectation now and all of this may take years (if ever) your going to get more and more disgruntled about where we are. Just wait until the PAC perhaps moves on SMU and they are the fourth AAC team to move up and we are still sitting here holding our dicks. Looking at the long term picture for fans is the way to deal with this…in my opinion 

En Fuego!  Keep up the good work NEB.  Need to keep people grounded.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Great thread. 

Hmm.  I guess if it keeps people engaged but this is the least great thread of all the threads. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I do get that but I really don't think many, if any, really expect the Big 10 or ACC right now ..... hell, we shouldn't be even expecting the Big 12. I totally agree that the long term picture is the way to deal with this .... but that ruins the spirit of this awesome thread.

• Go Bulls! 1