• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,919
  • Days Won:  33

38 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I disagree I still remember the column by McMurphy after we beat Pitt and Auburn. Just a point of note, I have not a big fan of McMurphy at all he’s not the one who is on Twitter today. He does have an edge for sure. 

I still remember him sending out the article about Ponton and Josh Julmiste when he knew Coach Leavitt couldn’t comment about what was going on.

He later published a little blurb at the end of the 2006 season stating that USF “cost” the Big East so many millions of dollars because we won at WVU and that cost them a BCS Bowl.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

34 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

And I think this whole discussion and outrage at the media in general is predicated on what happened to Jim Leavitt. Many on this board have not gotten over it and are making others in the media pay for it. Thus, I appreciate that you have moved on. 

Did you ever have the displeasure of reading any articles or listening to talk shows (like DUImig) before 2009?  Once again, very little objective reporting was going on. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Days Won:  14

1 minute ago, John Lewis said:

I still remember him sending out the article about Ponton and Josh Julmiste when he knew Coach Leavitt couldn’t comment about what was going on.

He later published a little blurb at the end of the 2006 season stating that USF “cost” the Big East so many millions of dollars because we won at WVU and that cost them a BCS Bowl.

Speaking of that...remember 2005 when the national media was calling us the "skunks" of the BCS?  

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,919
  • Days Won:  33

Just now, MaltLiquorBull said:

Speaking of that...remember 2005 when the national media was calling us the "skunks" of the BCS?  

I remember. Huey Whittaker wore the skunk hat the next week.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, Brad said:

We're way off topic here and again this should be its own topic.

@NewEnglandBull, I don't think anyone is talking about the Bulls treatment this fine Thursday morning.  No, it's the duration of the program by some (Tribune).  Even in good times, aka the awful plateau of 8 or 9 wins.

Naivete is speaking loudly in many of these posts.  NEB, you don't remember the claims of racist behavior in the program (made by McMurphy)?  There was a vendetta.  Only those willingly naïve could not or cannot now see it.

The story took three weeks to break.  Whenever have you heard of such a thing for such an alleged act?  

Another incorrect assumption.

Well to be honest, I think any program in America can go back through its history and feel they have been mistreated by the media. This whole topic started based on aspects being reported in the here and now. My only point is that the media, based on recency, will come after USF football as long as the product on the field is terrible. 

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,732
  • Days Won:  0

Any new conference realignment rumors out there today? 😂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

And most journalists in America would have done the same. I am not saying that it is right, I’m just saying that is the way it is. Again, my point has been more tied to today’s program. You want positive media? Then win some games. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mission9 said:

Did you ever have the displeasure of reading any articles or listening to talk shows (like DUImig) before 2009?  Once again, very little objective reporting was going on. 

Pretty sure he was not journalist. That was talk radio which is a whole different discussion altogether.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  60
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Pretty sure he was not journalist. That was talk radio which is a whole different discussion altogether.

Tampa media in general 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

10 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

How about WVU cost them money by losing.   Much better approach with the glass half full, then half empty. 

• Upvote 1