• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,241
  • Days Won:  0

15 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

I would have to believe USF is among the many schools who have "applied"... (although if ... BIG F'ING IF ... his previous tweets have any truth, the "applicant schools" are the 4 to 6 teams from the Pac 12).

I really hope not. I want no part in the b12 after they passed on us for cf. 

We should decline any offer from them. I'd sooner join the sun belt. 

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, DontPushMe said:

Why? It as transparent as it gets....it is all about money.

cf outpaced us and the admin sat on their hands. nothing but our own fault.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, DontPushMe said:

We should probably fold the program

• Haha 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

A local article here in Raleigh discussing the future of UNC ... interesting tidbit:

There’s talk around the ACC that there doesn’t have to be a major upheaval for the league’s demise. If just six current members decide they want out and legally challenge the league’s grant of rights, the rest of the conference — and the deal that tethers it together — could come crumbling apart.

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/article263209858.html

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

18 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

A local article here in Raleigh discussing the future of UNC ... interesting tidbit:

There’s talk around the ACC that there doesn’t have to be a major upheaval for the league’s demise. If just six current members decide they want out and legally challenge the league’s grant of rights, the rest of the conference — and the deal that tethers it together — could come crumbling apart.

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/article263209858.html

I have seen this as well on the expansion board but it looks like a load of BS. Six seems arbitrary and there has been nothing from the ACC by laws to prove this. Plus, if six is the number their are probably not that many schools who want to kill the conference as they know it.  

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I have seen this as well on the expansion board but it looks like a load of BS. Six seems arbitrary and there has been nothing from the ACC by laws to prove this. Plus, if six is the number their are probably not that many schools who want to kill the conference as they know it.  

1. There's an "expansion board"?

2. If the number is 6 ... it could happen, but the only teams who would vote to do so are those who are moving to the SEC and Big Ten.    So the SEC gets Clemson, Florida State, plus 2 of NC State/Miami/Va Tech and the Big Ten takes two of UNC/UVa/Ga Tech ... and Notre Dame could be part of that mix as well.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

7 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Why? It as transparent as it gets....it is all about money.

cf outpaced us and the admin sat on their hands. nothing but our own fault.

The biggest difference in the two programs was that out program builder allegedly slaps a player and we use that as an excuse to run him out of town after "plateauing". Their program builder kills a player and they build a statue of him. We didn't sit on our hands, we just used them in a non productive way.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

15 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

1. There's an "expansion board"?

2. If the number is 6 ... it could happen, but the only teams who would vote to do so are those who are moving to the SEC and Big Ten.    So the SEC gets Clemson, Florida State, plus 2 of NC State/Miami/Va Tech and the Big Ten takes two of UNC/UVa/Ga Tech ... and Notre Dame could be part of that mix as well.

I don’t see the B10 adding anyone else regardless of what happens as none of those teams have the $ value needed. I bet you will here in the next two weeks that ND is staying as an Indy…especially since the playoff discussion of 12 teams seems to be heating up again.  

Yes there is a conference expansion board: 

CSNbbs: The #1 Board for College Sports on the internet.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I don’t see the B10 adding anyone else regardless of what happens as none of those teams have the $ value needed. I bet you will here in the next two weeks that ND is staying as an Indy…especially since the playoff discussion of 12 teams seems to be heating up again.  

Yes there is a conference expansion board: 

CSNbbs: The #1 Board for College Sports on the internet.

I might disagree about ACC teams not having value... I don't think UCLA is worth $100 million per year... in fact UCLA is probably not as big of a brand as Oregon was -- except for the last two letters in the acronym.  Hell, half of the current Big Ten members don't provide that level of value. Is Rutgers worth $100 million per year? Purdue? Maryland? Minnesota?

Think like Fox.  UNC and UVa are both currently ESPN properties in large states.  Fox might "overpay" for them in terms of their intrinsic value because it means the cable providers in those two states will pay more carriage fees for the Big Ten Network... it also diminishes the value of the ACC for ESPN.  So Virginia is clearly not a $100 million brand ... there may be other considerations that could make them an attractive candidate.

Of course, UNC and UVa (or Georgia Tech for that matter) only come in to play with Notre Dame... and there's technically no reason the Big Ten has to act now.  UNC and UVa aren't going anywhere.

Edited by Jim Johnson

Follow up on "value" ... this guy is another "throw-****-at-the-wall" poster... but this tweet males sense in terms of how school might (should?) be compared.

"Competition" means success on the field/court of play.