• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

I am not saying he's right by any means... but to me, if I were these conference leaders, this is the step I would pursue.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

10 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

For those watching the Big Ten . . . this is what we should all be thinking at this point.

They added Nebby knowing full well they were getting their AAU status revoked.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

My money is on USF eventually joining an ACC without, Clemson,UNC,FSU and Duke in it. That’s in the assumption that both SEC and BigTen go to 20 each. If they go past that, well then you can take Miami, NCST, Virginia, Virginia Tech Georgia Tech and possibly Louisville out also. We would probably end up in the Big East we were in with BC, Cuse, Pitt, WV, Wake Forest, ECU, Temple, UAB maybe even UCF and UC

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

The B1G has not added a single school that isn't an AAU school. Until it does, I'm operating under the assumption it won't.

Yeah, well we  all know about "assume" .....

4 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

They added Nebby knowing full well they were getting their AAU status revoked.

Maybe... they were admitted to the Big Ten on June 12, 2010 and were expelled from the AAU on April 28, 2011.

Nebraska always ranked last in the AAU, so it might have been obvious at the time... but there is no way to know for sure.

It still holds that the Big Ten has never admitted a school that wasn't in the AAU at the time of the expansion vote.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

My money is on USF eventually joining an ACC without, Clemson,UNC,FSU and Duke in it. That’s in the assumption that both SEC and BigTen go to 20 each. If they go past that, well then you can take Miami, NCST, Virginia, Virginia Tech Georgia Tech and possibly Louisville out also. We would probably end up in the Big East we were in with BC, Cuse, Pitt, WV, Wake Forest, ECU, Temple, UAB maybe even UCF and UC

Most think Miami before both UNC and Duke. Football makes the money.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, Jim Johnson said:

Maybe... they were admitted to the Big Ten on June 12, 2010 and were expelled from the AAU on April 28, 2011.

Nebraska always ranked last in the AAU, so it might have been obvious at the time... but there is no way to know for sure.

It still holds that the Big Ten has never admitted a school that wasn't in the AAU at the time of the expansion vote.

Time for AAU to add us in then. I believe we qualify by their metrics and then the BIG can have their FL school. It’s really simple when you let our fans decide. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  33
  • Days Won:  0

Get that AAU status we've been chasing for a decade now, boom! Now you're the only option for Big10 for a Florida presence!

Also Pac12 Big12 merger is a terrifying prospect, while we're still on the outside looking in.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

7 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

And it was always a “rule” that any expansion market had to be contiguous with its existing footprint.  Until USC and UCLA knocked on the door.

10 minutes ago, jjlovecub said:

Time for AAU to add us in then. I believe we qualify by their metrics and then the BIG can have their FL school. It’s really simple when you let our fans decide. 

That would be something to research.

"Non-member universities whose research and education profile exceeds that of a number of current members may be invited to join the association..."

USF does all the things listed in their policy ... but ... does USF do them in such a way that exceeds a number of the current members ??

AAU is an association of leading comprehensive research universities distinguished by the breadth and quality of their programs of research and graduate education...