• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

44 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Remember this all happened before USF got serious about an OCS. I said many years ago that USF needed an OCS to help build a fan base but most just laughed at that idea. 

Essentially nothing concrete has happened yet with the OCS, so I don't know how much that will help.  Sure, USF is "planning" to build an OCS, but no major details have been finalized.  No funding has been finalized, no designs have been finalized.  We don't even have a rendering of what might be.  So I am not sure how much that will help USF yet.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

Just spent a lot of time reading through the last 10 or so pages. Just an interesting thing that happened the other night. Was having dinner with a couple of Bulls fans and, while talking about the new fundraising efforts, we started talking about conference moves. I put out there that I had heard B12 (mostly from this here message board).  They said that they had been hearing a lot about the ACC.  And, already I can't remember for sure, but either Lacrosse or Beach Volleyball had something to do with it.  So WhoTF knows what will happen but I am more optimistic that this thread will hit 3,000 pages.

Edited by CousinRicky
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

It just seems that the SEC needs another Florida school to balance with their two Texas schools. So why not bring in FSU and make that rivalry in conference which will probably make them even more money. Add in Clemson and SEC is keeping yo with the Big 10 additions. So USF, you are one the clock to get this right for an ACC invite 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

Just spent a lot of time reading through the last 10 or so pages. Just an interesting thing that happened the other night. Was having dinner with a couple of Bulls fans and, while talking about the new fundraising efforts, we started talking about conference moves. I put out there that I had heard B12 (mostly from this here message board).  They said that they had been hearing a lot about the ACC.  And, already I can't remember for sure, but either Lacrosse or Beach Volleyball had something to do with it.  So WhoTF knows what will happen but I am more optimistic that this thread will hit 3,000 pages.

I look forward to beginning my MK apology tour, if he gets us moved up that has a lot more long term consequence than his handing out contract extensions like Oprah handed out cars 

oprah winfrey GIF

• Haha 1

Just now, puc86 said:

I look forward to beginning my MK apology tour, if he gets us moved up that has a lot more long term consequence than his handing out contract extensions like Oprah handed out cars 

oprah winfrey GIF

Those contracts may or may not have been part of an overall show of stability.  Not saying I have any knowledge of that but that it is a possibility.

Ok this ACC speculation pretty much instantly makes the road game at Louisville very interesting. Hopefully USF fans show up strong to that game to impress the ACC even more 

Just now, Bull Daly said:

Ok this ACC speculation pretty much instantly makes the road game at Louisville very interesting. Hopefully USF fans show up strong to that game to impress the ACC even more 

Just bought our tix today for L'ville.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

30 minutes ago, hm101 said:

wow I see it now. Did anyone else miss it at first too?

Look carefully. 

It's what Will was alluding to as well.

Oh jeez I totally missed it before...but did see a buncha tweets from 'Will' so that helped me see it this time.

So I guess that begs the question....  Would you rather get into an ACC that

-is expected to lose big names at some point (Clemson/FSU)

- is getting marginalized more and more by Big12/SEC expansion

OR a weak Big12 that

- no longer has a marquee team but

- is instead probably collecting remnants of other conferences to be the 'best of the rest'? 

Heck maybe it's Big12 vs ACC for the second tier of football...

Edited by Ghostbuster

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,241
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

It just seems that the SEC needs another Florida school to balance with their two Texas schools. So why not bring in FSU and make that rivalry in conference which will probably make them even more money. Add in Clemson and SEC is keeping yo with the Big 10 additions. So USF, you are one the clock to get this right for an ACC invite 

There is absolutely no chance the acc takes us over ucf. Fsu moving does nothing for us but give ucf another step up. 

The time is now for decisive action. Call a press conference and announce that we are folding the football program effective immediately. Don't even play this seasons games. We can do this. 

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

Just now, CousinRicky said:

Those contracts may or may not have been part of an overall show of stability.  Not saying I have any knowledge of that but that it is a possibility.

I was thinking that myself. For all that has been going down on and off the fields, it sure seems crazy how cool USF has been through all of this. It is like they have this confidence swagger to them all of the sudden. I just can’t figure it all out. Maybe they are just happy we don’t have to deal with the UCF BS much longer lol