• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

22 hours ago, USFFan said:

Presumably we all recognize that there is a > zero percent chance that UCF ends up getting into whatever becomes of the Big XII and USF does not. My question is - does USF then pull the plug on the War on I-4? Speaking only for myself, I would hope that Kelly would tell Oviedo to go pound sand if that happens. 

USFFan

The alligator mouth eats the bigger number.  Chance < 0

Also in probability, there is not a way to be less than 0.  

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

43 minutes ago, gibbsak said:

I think that’s what they tried to convey, there is a greater than zero percent chance something happens so if that happens what should we do.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

27 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I think that’s what they tried to convey, there is a greater than zero percent chance something happens so if that happens what should we do.

You know, looking back, I didn't cover all the scenarios. My post should have read:

There's also a > zero percent chance that USF ends up getting into whatever becomes of the Big XII and UCF does not ... and a > zero percent chance that that we both get into whatever becomes of the Big XII ... and a > zero percent chance that that we both don't go anywhere. Whatever happens, I hope he pulls the plug on the War on I-4, something that never should have been plugged in the first place.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  585
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, gibbsak said:

Am I being punked here?

64 > 12

2 > 1

Chance USF gets stuck behind in the AAC while UCF gets into the Big XII > zero percent.

The ******* Gators got nothing to do with it!

8a4d45ff-830a-417d-aa64-6e9d0b7c9d32_text.gif

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  585
  • Days Won:  0

I know from reading that this isn't going to be a popular opinion, but I don't personally think football games against Oklahoma State, Kansas State, Kansas, Iowa State or Baylor are going to move the needle much more than most of the AAC schools do (once you get over any novelty factor). Odds are 1/3 of our fans couldn't even tell you the mascot or nickname of most of those teams or identify their logos if their lives depended on it. Even if a Big XII offer materialized, in the face of the AAC exit fees, Big XII entry fees and presumably reduced revenue at the start (for sure not getting a penny of the Texas and Oklahoma exit fees), in the face of trading the sixth best conference for the fifth best conference, I'm not sure whether the cost will be worth the trouble...

USFFan

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

8 minutes ago, USFFan said:

I know from reading that this isn't going to be a popular opinion, but I don't personally think football games against Oklahoma State, Kansas State, Kansas, Iowa State or Baylor are going to move the needle much more than most of the AAC schools do (once you get over any novelty factor). Odds are 1/3 of our fans couldn't even tell you the mascot or nickname of most of those teams or identify their logos if their lives depended on it. Even if a Big XII offer materialized, in the face of the AAC exit fees, Big XII entry fees and presumably reduced revenue at the start (for sure not getting a penny of the Texas and Oklahoma exit fees), in the face of trading the sixth best conference for the fifth best conference, I'm not sure whether the cost will be worth the trouble...

USFFan

I am not sure I vehemently disagree but i will passively disagree.  I guarantee you those fan bases will draw and travel better than the AAC schools we currently play and therefore draw more interest and a higher attendance.  The fan bases are bigger and more established and it would be a bump for us but economically not sure the cost of jumping on a sinking ship is worth it, but I think it is.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019

On 8/17/2021 at 5:14 PM, USFFan said:

Am I being punked here?

64 > 12

2 > 1

Chance USF gets stuck behind in the AAC while UCF gets into the Big XII > zero percent.

The ******* Gators got nothing to do with it!

8a4d45ff-830a-417d-aa64-6e9d0b7c9d32_text.gif

My bad, I read it as there is no way the two schools don't move together.  I guess I should read more.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

2020 pages.  The worst year ever.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141

40 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

2020 pages.  The worst year ever.

"Hold my beer", says 2021.