• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

It appears BSU is ticked and appear ready to burn the entire conference down. 

What is happening in the MWC is like a smaller scale version of what it would look like if the Big 12 tried to reign in Texas. 

Edited by usf97

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

I really think if Boise leaves the MW, the AAC needs to strike quickly, add a few teams go to a 16 conference that looks like this:

AAC East

USF, ucf, Cincy, Temp, ECU, NAVY, APP State, and Army

AAC West

Memphis, SMU, Tulane, Houston, Tulsa, BSU, Colorado St,and AF

Play 7 games in your division, 2 cross over games, and then you have 3 OOC games.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

So Uconn will be replaced by a combo of either:

James Madison and Old Dominion

or 

James Madison and VCU

VCU said they’ve dying for a reason to jump into football and that the American was too good an opportunity for them to pass up.

JMU has about as much chance as Iraq College of the Arabs. 

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Add App State as a football only school and call it a day. How many 10 win seasons must a school have to move up?

Yes, and once we are done change our conference name back to Cusa...

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

While I don't want to see either in the conference and would much prefer to raid the MWC especially now that they are vulnerable, both JMU and ODU are not slouches:

• James Madison generated 13.4% in athletic department revenue in 2018-19 than USF, or $6.1M more, and they did it without our TV contract AND they have been to the FCS Championship Game three of the last four years
  • Old Dominion generated only $1.2M less in athletic department revenue in 2018-19 as an FBS member, but are 10-26 over their last threes season in C-USA

JMU generates more athletic department revenue than any other northeastern or mid-Atlantic non-P5 school other than Uconn. There are alot better options out there than these two, but they do know how to generate revenue without a big TV contract, revenue that will help them survive and ultimately be competititve in the G5.

JMU...only 10% of the country has ever heard of it and 5% knows they even have a football team. 

9 minutes ago, T-Man said:

I really think if Boise leaves the MW, the AAC needs to strike quickly, add a few teams go to a 16 conference that looks like this:

AAC East

AAC West

Play 7 games in your division, 2 cross over games, and then you have 3 OOC games.

This would be a perfect scenario 

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

If AF was ever added to the conference, I have a hard time seeing where Navy would agree to a scenario where they would be in the opposite side of the conference due to the Conference Championship Game. They are only going to want to potentially play each other one time per season. 

You think Navy and AF would be cool with potentially playing each other twice before the Army Navy game? 

I could see Memphis and Tulane moved over to the East before Navy (if AF was involved). 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

9 hours ago, puc86 said:

Bring in the lucrative North Dakota market, that should bring in tens of dollars for the conference.

Because my son-in-law went to Quinnipiac I went to the Frozen Four finals at Amalie and let me tell you, those ND hockey fans filled the arena. So they at least travel in force for one sport.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Because my son-in-law went to Quinnipiac I went to the Frozen Four finals at Amalie and let me tell you, those ND hockey fans filled the arena. So they at least travel in force for one sport.

If we are going to build our conference on hockey I am sold, they bring a lot to the table on that front (anything with eyeballs on football, not so much). 

10 minutes ago, usf97 said:

If AF was ever added to the conference, I have a hard time seeing where Navy would agree to a scenario where they would be in the opposite side of the conference due to the Conference Championship Game. They are only going to want to potentially play each other one time per season. 

You think Navy and AF would be cool with potentially playing each other twice before the Army Navy game? 

I could see Memphis and Tulane moved over to the East before Navy (if AF was involved). 

Navy was insistent on being in the west of the conference because they want to recruit Texas heavily. 

Just now, puc86 said:

If we are going to build our conference on hockey I am sold, they bring a lot to the table on that front (anything with eyeballs on football, not so much). 

New England schools will crush you like a soft grape. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 hour ago, T-Man said:

AAC East

AAC West

Personally, I think 16 is too much.

• Upvote 1