• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

5 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

The fact that Ray Jay will have 60K plus people in it this weekend to watch USF football is awesome.   

I'll be ecstatic at 50K, with the bulk in green ..

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

3 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

More pub from the Dallas Morning News, after yesterday's article from the Austin American Statesman suggesting USF could be selected for B12.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2016/09/22/stage-set-south-florida-make-loud-clear-statement-big-12-expansion-candidate-weekend

The stage is set for South Florida to make loud, clear statement as Big 12 expansion candidate this weekend

Houston had its Big 12 moment this season against Oklahoma and made the most of the showcase.
Other schools haven't been as opportunistic.
Now, in what presumably are the latter stages of Big 12 expansion, South Florida gets a chance to make a loud, clear statement. Most of the speculation has focused on a handful of schools -- Houston, Cincinnati, BYU, UConn and even USF's I-4 neighbor, Central Florida.

Things could change in a huge way if USF (3-0) delivers against No. 13 Florida State on Saturday. Don't laugh. The Bulls are just five-point underdogs playing at home. The Bulls have won 10 of their past 12 games and are averaging 49.7 points a game. More than 56,000 tickets have been sold at Raymond James Stadium.

Yet given the Big 12's football struggles this season, a win over Florida State and a berth somewhere in the Top 25 would get plenty of attention. USF and Houston don't play in the regular season but could meet in the AAC title game with both ranked and maybe a lot at stake. 
For USF, the stage is set.

Bowlsby has been clear that expansion has nothing to do with a singular season.  He made that statement when asked about Houston's win over OK.  He stated that the Big 12 is looking long term.  But yeah, I am sure it does not hurt.  But the idea that the best current teams are getting in needs to die.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

1 minute ago, ArmyBull said:

Bowlsby has been clear that expansion has nothing to do with a singular season.  He made that statement when asked about Houston's win over OK.  He stated that the Big 12 is looking long term.  But yeah, I am sure it does not hurt.  But the idea that the best current teams are getting in needs to die.  

Unless it applies to us :D 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I'll be ecstatic at 50K, with the bulk in green ..

That is always the trick.  

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

It's going to look full on TV, as we are probably filling the east 300 before  the west.  And looking good on TV is what counts.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

31 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

Absolutely. It's nonsense. When I pressed him on it, Jeff Odom said that there's no "buzz" outside of Tampa regarding USF joining Big XII. But media folks overestimate their importance/relevance - "buzz" in media doesn't equal traction with Big XII.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Absolutely. It's nonsense. When I pressed him on it, Jeff Odom said that there's no "buzz" outside of Tampa regarding USF joining Big XII. But media folks overestimate their importance/relevance - "buzz" in media doesn't equal traction with Big XII.

If there's no "buzz" outside of Tampa then why was their an article recently written to not rule USF out, which came from outside of Tampa?

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037

26 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

If there's no "buzz" outside of Tampa then why was their an article recently written to not rule USF out, which came from outside of Tampa?

Odom probably meant that he can't afford to actually go outside of Tampa and check whether or not there's a buzz. Bus tickets are at least $10 nowadays -- can't afford that on a journalist's salary.

Edited by Raetus
  • Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

29 minutes ago, Raetus said:

Odom probably meant that he can't afford to actually go outside of Tampa and check whether or not there's a buzz. Bus tickets are at least $10 nowadays -- can't afford that on a journalist's salary.

Ugh I used the wrong "there" haha but yes to say there isn't at least some buzz outside of Tampa sounds a little bizarre.