• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Saturday. Noon.

National TV.

Full stadium.

B12. Like what you see?

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

3 minutes ago, TimBulla said:

Saturday. Noon.

National TV.

Full stadium.

B12. Like what you see?

That they'd add FSU in a heartbeat? :)

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

7 minutes ago, The Great 8 said:

That they'd add FSU in a heartbeat? :)

Yes, they would. FSU, OU and other B12 teams have a lot in common: No chance for the playoffs after two losses!

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

40 minutes ago, TimBulla said:

Yes, they would. FSU, OU and other B12 teams have a lot in common: No chance for the playoffs after two losses!

giphy.gif

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

2 hours ago, bulls phanatic said:

http://www.mystatesman.com/news/sports/bohls-could-byu-houston-both-get-left-out-of-big-1/nsb6h/

1. It seems clearer and clear that BYU isn’t getting into the Big 12. Just too many negatives for the conference, which knows all about negatives. Remember, it takes only three “no” votes to kill any expansion candidate, and BYU’s stance on its Honor Code, gays and lesbians, not playing on Sundays, the issues of it already having its own TV network and geographical distance from the Big 12 has definitely hurt the Cougars’ chances. Playing in a western time zone doesn’t help either, especially after Texas just arrived home at 7 a.m. Sunday from its road trip to even more distant Cal. … And who really knows if Houston is a viable candidate. I’ve heard nothing to dissuade me from thinking many in the Big 12 still oppose (i.e. are afraid of) Houston’s inclusion. I find that very small thinking. Houston deserves to get in. 

2. At this point, I think there’s just as much chance that the Big 12 invites Cincinnati and maybe South Florida to put the league in new TV (and recruiting) markets. People have slept on USF even though it’s invested more than $170 million into its sports infrastructure, plays in Tampa (the nation’s 11th biggest market) and is a Top 25 public research university.

What, no mention of UCF.  LOL.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

If we win Saturday, watch how fast we rocket to the top of these Big 12 expansion lists.

I'm telling you right now, watch.

The media is very reactionary, as they were when Houston beat an over-rated OU team.  

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

9 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

If we win Saturday, watch how fast we rocket to the top of these Big 12 expansion lists.

I'm telling you right now, watch.

The media is very reactionary, as they were when Houston beat an over-rated OU team.  

I really hope our getting into the B12 doesn't require us to beat FSU this weekend. There isn't a single team currently in the B12 that would be a sure-thing to beat FSU. IF we win this weekend (and obviously I hope we do), it would be an upset (a HUGE upset in the national eye) and it isn't something that should be required to get us in.  In the same way that if we lose this weekend it shouldn't disqualify us. It's a single game.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

7 minutes ago, NAM37 said:

I really hope our getting into the B12 doesn't require us to beat FSU this weekend. There isn't a single team currently in the B12 that would be a sure-thing to beat FSU. IF we win this weekend (and obviously I hope we do), it would be an upset (a HUGE upset in the national eye) and it isn't something that should be required to get us in.  In the same way that if we lose this weekend it shouldn't disqualify us. It's a single game.

This is 100% correct. The problem is the media is intent on making each and every game the most important game EVER because it happens to be what they're covering that week.

Of course the goal is to win the game. If we do, it would be good for lots of reasons. If not, all we can do is try again the following week...