• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

34 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I fully understand his point, but ifs are not facts.  

I don't understand how you don't see those things as facts, if we get left behind.  Do you not think the conf will be like the Sun Belt?  Do you not think fan support will shrink? Do you not think the gap between P5 and G5 will continue to expand?  Do you not think it will become much harder to keep up if we are left behind?  

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

20 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I guess I'm confused as to how this works. I thought it was if the B12 adds the teams, the contract goes up by whatever amount, no other factors involved. The problem would come when time to sign new contract and the networks lost money on the old one ...... that's not correct?

I am not sure either, but the money to pay for the contract has to come from somewhere.  That's the point I am making.  If that contract goes up, how is the network funding the additional cost f the contract?  Doesn't expanding into new markets increase the viewership allowing them to charge more for commercials, etc?  The networks that pay the increased contract amounts can't just print money.  Somewhere, somehow, there needs to be an increased revenue stream to pay for the higher amount.

Anyone have a better understanding about how this works?

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210

54 minutes ago, KevinUSF00 said:

I would rank B12 Expansion as follows:

1) BYU

2) Cincy

3) Houston

4) USF

5) UCF

6) UConn

7) Memphis

8) Colorado State

But I also don't know if they would take just one Florida school. And while I have USF above UCF, there is no way to know if the B12 presidents feel the same way. I think they are just too close to split and that is why I think it's both or neither. So I think that we need to hope that BYU doesn't pan out and that they decide to take options 2-5 on my list. But my opinion is worth nothing. 

You could rank them that way, but in MY OPINION, #4-7 on your list are mostly interchangeable.  USF could easily be 7th on that list, depending on who was making list and what the criteria were.   

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

Sounds like Houston, Memphis, Cincinnati and BYU to the Big XII.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

^ Assuming they're all accurate, what exactly do you want us to do with your facts?  Wail?  Nash our teeth?  Cry?  **** our wrists?

The only reason to recognize "facts" is so we can accurately perceive the world around us and act accordingly.

If USF is left behind, do you propose we shut down the program?  Yes or no?  If not, why not?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

15 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

I'm just telling you, be prepared to get your heart ripped out and stomped on within the next 30 days.  Again.  I hope I am wrong, but I probably won't be.  If you don't want to hear that, then fine, that's up to you. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, jvwvu said:

3 minutes ago, jvwvu said:

Guess Big12 has absolutely no concern about academics (Memphis). 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210

1 minute ago, TallyBull said:

^ Assuming they're all accurate, what exactly do you want us to do with your facts?  Wail?  Nash our teeth?  Cry?  **** our wrists?

The only reason to recognize "facts" is so we can accurately perceive the world around us and act accordingly.

If USF is left behind, do you propose we shut down the program?  Yes or no?  If not, why not?

No, of course not.  I am just preparing y'all to be in the Sun Belt.  Accept it.  Support it.  Maybe even come to like it in time.  But USF will never play big time football again, if left behind.  USF will become South Alabama, or Troy, or Louisiana Tech to the college football world.  That doesn't mean we can't have fun supporting USF, and maybe even have good teams in our new Sun Belt level conference, but the last ship is setting sail soon, and as of right now, USF doesn't have a ride.  That is all. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  818
  • Days Won:  2

8 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Guess Big12 has absolutely no concern about academics (Memphis). 

Good thing this guy has never been right about his rumors.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

^ But we're in the AAC, not the Sun Belt.  We may have to add a few teams depending on how things shake out.  But if we do they'll be the best we can find.

And I don't understand how you can say with certainty whether expansion will happen again or not.  

My point is that you're not saying anything new.  I get what's going on and what the consequences are.  I guess I'm just not one to despair.  

• Upvote 1