• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, footnfan1 said:

UCF is letting Larry the Cable Guy speak on their behalf. 

Actually he posted that on his own. He lived in Orlando for 20 years and actually worked for the UCF broadcast team a while back doing studio work.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just now, Goldenbuc said:

Ummm..ESPN called and put up that video. UCF wouldn't turn it down and of course they'd pimp themselves in a national article.  Much of the media post assumptions on UCF and why not educate the media on UCF.  USF would do the same, but hasn't been called on, yet.  

Why are you so sure USF would do the same?  I would imagine Judy/Harlan's response would go something like this:

"We are aware of the possibility that the Big 12 Conference may be expanding.  We are happy and fortunate to be in the American Conference and will do all we can to support our current conference home.  However, we will always do what is the best interest of the University of South Florida."

Please stop trying to bring us down with you.  Your president came across as entitled and clearly USF is taking a more publicly mature and honorable approach to this.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

This is based on nothing but idle speculation on my part, but the big decision the Big XII has to make is whether or not to move into Florida.  If they do, I think we're in.  If they don't, it'll be UH/CIncy then BYU/Memphis instead of USF/UCF.  If they go with just two schools I'd be shocked if they weren't Cincy/UH at this point.

Lets get #BigXIINeedsATan trending...

Edited by TallyBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Just now, Goldenbuc said:

Actually he posted that on his own. He lived in Orlando for 20 years and actually worked for the UCF broadcast team a while back doing studio work.

It was a response to a  Mike Bianchi tweet last night.

• Upvote 1

Just now, TallyBull said:

If they go with just two schools I'd be shocked if they weren't Cincy/UH at this point.

BYU has come out and said they want in.  I think they're a lock.  I could see either Cincy or Houston going, if they stick with two, but not both.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

BYU has come out and said they want in.  I think they're a lock.  I could see either Cincy or Houston going, if they stick with two, but not both.  

I hear ya, though if the Sunday issues are so eminently resolveable, why didn't they resolve them earlier?  But BYU is clearly a top contender and IMHO would be a better pick up than UH under any scenario.  

Just seems like UT pulls a lot of weight in that conference, and they're apparently pimping UH...

Edited by TallyBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

2 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

... If they don't, it'll be UH/CIncy then BYU/Memphis instead of USF/UCF.  If they go with just two schools I'd be shocked if they weren't Cincy/UH at this point.

Lets get #BigXIINeedsATan trending...

BYU/Memphis vs. USF/ucf gnats

Even if I'm not a 3X USF grad, I'd still think the Florida combo has so much more to offer. Memphis is never going to be a powerhouse. And BYU, they aren't all that. Why make WVU and Cincy fly all the heck out there to play, some 2,000 miles.

If they grab Cincy, which they will, the Florida teams are in, if they go with four, and they will. Greed can't be ignored.

• Upvote 2

Just now, TallyBull said:

I hear ya, though if the Sunday issues are so eminently resolveable, why didn't they resolve them earlier?  

I've always found it funny how some issues can sometimes get resolved by the evolution of needs, points of view, etc.  That's really all it would take.  Also, there could be some pressure within the BYU fanbase to make exceptions.  

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

Geographically, (not that it counts for much anymore) I don't get them trying to expand both east and west. They already have an outlier in WVU so UC would help fix it. UH is obvious unless they don't want more Texas. Then I think Memphis, UConn, USF and UCF make more sense in a move towards the east. I know BYU means more money though.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1sjVYJrsRWuJpa1gtMa9fIyiHpww&hl=en_US

2 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I've always found it funny how some issues can sometimes get resolved by the evolution of needs, points of view, etc.  That's really all it would take.  Also, there could be some pressure within the BYU fanbase to make exceptions.  

Tbh it would be the right decision for both the Big XII and BYU.  I would rather be in a conference with BYU than UH.