• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

12 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

Not sure if you're trolling, joking, or just "wiffed" on seeing the date, but your article is from 2010.

So is Big East football lol.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

51 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

I feel pretty good about this.  

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We are out, until we are not

57 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

Anyone heard any more about ACC expansion? With Maryland out now, I really think that would be a better fit for us.

Haven't heard about ACC, but there is no way they take three teams from Florida.  FSU and Miami would both block us... and schools like Duke and Wake Forest and UVa REALLY DO care about academics... they almost didn't let VT in a decade ago, but UVa was going to oppose everyone without VT.

That said... I have heard rumors about the Pac 12 reaching out to Colorado State and to Houston.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

11 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I feel pretty good about this.  

Seems like there isn't much to gain by going public with our efforts.  Decision won't be based on our opinions as to whether we belong or not, and we can't pressure the Big XII into acting in our favor using the media.  I think it shows a level of maturity and confidence on USF's part that our rivals lack.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, TallyBull said:

What's with the dig at UCF and Hitt at the end?   UCF has been mum this entire time. Can't equate Hitt's answer to an interview question in the past to ECU and their embarrassing statements and social media blitz. There's been no statement from UCF on expansion, other than the typical "we are evaluating opportunities, proud members of AAC" stuff. If anything, USF is taking UCF's approach, instead of issuing a statement, like they were mentioned to be doing before.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

3 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Seems like there isn't much to gain by going public with our efforts.  Decision won't be based on our opinions as to whether we belong or not, and we can't pressure the Big XII into acting in our favor using the media.  I think it shows a level of maturity and confidence on USF's part that our rivals lack.

Groveling might be entertaining for them, but in the end I can't see it being respectable to them. Suckups = no class.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

9 minutes ago, Goldenbuc said:

What's with the dig at UCF and Hitt at the end?   UCF has been mum this entire time. Can't equate Hitt's answer to an interview question in the past to ECU and their embarrassing statements and social media blitz. There's been no statement from UCF on expansion, other than the typical "we are evaluating opportunities, proud members of AAC" stuff. If anything, USF is taking UCF's approach, instead of issuing a statement, like they were mentioned to be doing before.

Talk to Joey Knight.  I agree that UCF has been mostly quiet, unlike ECU and others.  And while some may disagree, I hope that USF and UCF are quietly working together on this. 

12 minutes ago, Goldenbuc said:

What's with the dig at UCF and Hitt at the end?   UCF has been mum this entire time. Can't equate Hitt's answer to an interview question in the past to ECU and their embarrassing statements and social media blitz. 

I don't think it's a dig, but I don't think UCF is entitled to anything in the Big 12, as Hitt seemed to imply in his statement, answer to interview question or not.  If you think that was a dig, you're pretty sensitive.  

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

You nailed it.  Like I just said to Goldie, we're playing it smart, humble and the way a good potential business partner should play it, which isn't exactly how John Hitt played it with his comment that there "ought to be a place for UCF."  

• Upvote 1