• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Basketball does not pay the bills. It is self supporting, nothing more. UCONN would be an island just like WVU. No way UCONN goes to big12. 

I bet it happens

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

10 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

I bet it happens

UConn does not have football market to justify the add.  This is about money and raising the BBall profile has nothing to do with the decision.  BYU economically makes the most sense but I know they have the Sunday issue.  Cincinatti does not have the viewership and I am thinking Houston is already locked in. They would need to tap into large TV markets to make this viable. ESPN is not going to give more money without the profit.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Sellular1 said:

I bet it happens

No friggin way UCONN gets tapped for the Big12.  It is all a moot point anyway, the Big12 Will get approval for a championship game with 10 teams.

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Days Won:  1

Why would the big 12 go after Houston when they already have 4 other teams in the state? Isn't the idea of expansion to go into areas where you don't have any presence or very little to get a presence?

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

UConn Blog:

http://www.theuconnblog.com/2016/1/4/10682504/on-potential-big-12-expansion-and-what-it-would-mean-for-uconn

"For whatever it's worth, Thamel listed UConn third after the two top candidates: Brigham Young and Cincinnati. UC seems like the safest bet right now, but I am skeptical of BYU's interest in moving to a conference. I was also surprised by Temple's absence from Thamel's list and to see that the Florida schools are not in the picture." :(

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

25 minutes ago, Bulls1181 said:

UConn Blog:

http://www.theuconnblog.com/2016/1/4/10682504/on-potential-big-12-expansion-and-what-it-would-mean-for-uconn

"For whatever it's worth, Thamel listed UConn third after the two top candidates: Brigham Young and Cincinnati. UC seems like the safest bet right now, but I am skeptical of BYU's interest in moving to a conference. I was also surprised by Temple's absence from Thamel's list and to see that the Florida schools are not in the picture." :(

Nothing like a UCONN blog supporting... UCONN. Shocking! 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Looking like P5 vote will go 6-4 to force #Big12 to have divisions to host CCG, and G5 vote 3-2. #BYU leader for invite, with #UCBearcats #2

159 retweets 213 likes

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

33 minutes ago, Bulls1181 said:

Looking like P5 vote will go 6-4 to force #Big12 to have divisions to host CCG, and G5 vote 3-2. #BYU leader for invite, with #UCBearcats #2

159 retweets 213 likes

Confused again .... According to the Thamel article, if the NCAA passes the amended proposal that would allow them a CCG with only 10 members but would require them to have divisions if they want to do so, they wouldn't have to go to 12 teams .... So why is Swaim talking about the B12 being forced to expand? Is this something down the line or another vote being taken that hasn't been discussed here yet?

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

42 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Confused again .... According to the Thamel article, if the NCAA passes the amended proposal that would allow them a CCG with only 10 members but would require them to have divisions if they want to do so, they wouldn't have to go to 12 teams .... So why is Swaim talking about the B12 being forced to expand? Is this something down the line or another vote being taken that hasn't been discussed here yet?

If the amendment to have a conf champ game with 10 teams fails to pass, the B12 can stay with 10 as is but take their chances with the Playoff Committee every year.  The issue is the B12 wants to have their CCG between the 2 highest rated teams to ensure the winner has the best chance to advance.  Imagine if a 7-5 team from the West division beats a 12-0 team from the East division... Nobody goes to the Playoffs.  The other Conferences with division CCG's could be at a disadvantage in their current format.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

9 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

If the amendment to have a conf champ game with 10 teams fails to pass, the B12 can stay with 10 as is but take their chances with the Playoff Committee every year.  

I understand that but he's saying that it looks likely that it WILL pass so how can he say that's forcing the B12 to expand ...

[Where did function go to put something in a Quote??]The issue is the B12 wants to have their CCG between the 2 highest rated teams to ensure the winner has the best chance to advance.  Imagine if a 7-5 team from the West division beats a 12-0 team from the East division... Nobody goes to the Playoffs.  The other Conferences with division CCG's could be at a disadvantage in their current format.  

Understand that, too, but there's nothing on the table right now about that, correct? ..... And that has nothing to do with expanding either.

• Upvote 1