• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Got that, so we're good?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Got that, so we're good?

You wondered what we're doing. We're building new baseball and softball facilities. New football practice fields. A new arena and practice courts for basketball. Continuing to maintain one of the top collegiate golf courses in the nation. Tennis is coming up for a huge makeover. Tell me what you'd add to the equation to overtake Colorado State and Tulsa.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

"This is why schools like Houston and Colorado State are sinking fortunes into new facilities and why Tulsa and SMU are making big splashes with head coaching hires. They’re gearing up, which puts immense pressure on places like BYU and Boise State. The highly visible leagues have to monitor what happens at these schools because they might be more appealing when current contracts expire or when a league just has to grow. A lot can change in a decade, and for proof just look at what happened from kickoff of the 2005 season to the present at WVU"

See more at: http://www.charlestondailymail.com/article/20150708/DM03/150709300#sthash.yQbPyrH4.dpuf

What are we doing besides maintaining our composure in silence? Not being a smart ass. If other schools are beautifying themselves in anticipation, that's direct competition for limited opportunity.

Aside from an OCS, what sport hasn't received a massive upgrade to its facilities in the past 5 years?

I like that USF has balanced its upgrades...and not only within athletics, ALL the individual colleges (nursing, engineering, etc) have expanded by similar proportions from what I've seen over the years. That tells of leadership more interested in the university as a whole instead of just athletics. Whether that's a factor in P5 consideration, who knows, but it ought to be IMO.

JTrue

We did that to catch up. What do you suppose we are actively doing that would make a difference? I'm sure something. Just asking for your speculation. Not pointing to what we did while in Big East.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

Got that, so we're good?

You wondered what we're doing. We're building new baseball and softball facilities. New football practice fields. A new arena and practice courts for basketball. Continuing to maintain one of the top collegiate golf courses in the nation. Tennis is coming up for a huge makeover. Tell me what you'd add to the equation to overtake Colorado State and Tulsa.

Blah, Blah, Blah.... While it's nice that we have the best Squash courts in the southeast, it doesn't matter. Only sport that matters (when it comes to realignment) is football. If basketball or Taber Toss mattered then UConn would hve been in already.

Only 2 things we can do now. Put a great product on the field for the fans to enjoy, and put it in an OCS.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

JTrue

We did that to catch up. What do you suppose we are actively doing that would make a difference? I'm sure something. Just asking for your speculation. Not pointing to what we did while in Big East.

So your beef is that we haven't made our facilities better than other P5 programs? We just used our money from getting into the BCS to get our facilities on par with our competition?

No beef, just curious how some can be so sure. Curiosity is all, no beef.

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

What happens when you start the serious talk, and the fundraising, and at the end of the day you have the serious talk but not the funds?

I had one of the fundraisers at USF explain it to me before, and I've relayed that here...they would never open the fundraising to the masses of $50 donors until they secure some bigger donor commitments from heavy hitters.  They start with the heavy hitters and work their way down.

Again, they don't want to be at the end of year one and have $37,000 committed from 75,000 donors.  Also, when you are fishing for the big bucks, opening it up to the small donors first, sets the bar low. 

Anyway, it's just not how it's done.  It's the big commitments first.  We obviously do not have any or enough of them to move forward yet.

Yeah, they do it the old school way.  Why not try something new. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Personally I'd like to see us buy out the rest of the contracts with our former head coaches before we invest more into something else that may or may not work. Let's see if this season starts the climb out of this football hole...

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Hello ALL!  First time long time.  Can't wait for football to start!  I been following this thread for awhile and certainly think we can get it to 600 before the season starts.  Just about my whole family are Bull's fans.  I do think we stand a good chance of being included in the next P5 expansion simply due to our market size, which, in what I have seen, was the driving force behind what the Big 10 did.  

While I wish USF was doing better, it sure did not matter for Rutgers.  Location, location, location, we have it and no matter how bad we are will change that.

As far as UCF goes, blah, who cares what they do, we can't change any of what they have going on, good or bad.