• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Days Won:  1

Let's start winning first before we start talking about an ocs. Had we kept the momentum from 2007 and built on that we would be able to build an ocs but we can't afford it when we keep losing and fans don't show up.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

Announcing plans to build an OCS now is the right move...http://newsok.com/which-combination-of-schools-is-the-best-big-12-option/article/5432044

Compare that with the most recent Big 12 expansion. West Virginia was a major-conference program that just got squeezed out by politics and geography. WVU football was Big 12-ready. And so was TCU. Here’s how we know. The Horned Frogs were building their jewel of a ballpark, the remade Amon Carter Stadium, at the time of their Big 12 invitation. There were no promises from the Frogs. No declaration that they were an up-and-comer.

TCU acted like a big-time program. It won the Rose Bowl, then set about the business of proving it belonged. It raised the money and broke the ground and built the stadium, without any promises from a major conference. When the opportunity arose, TCU was ready, and it had the remade Amon Carter for the Frogs’ first year in the Big 12.

That’s what Cincinnati and Boise State and the Florida schools and East Carolina need to do. Don’t tell us what you would bring to the table in the Big 12. Tell us what you’re bringing to the table now in college football.

Cincinnati just finished a major expansion of Nipper Stadium... Boise's problem is outside of football they have crappy other sports and other facilities... same with ECU.

The only facilities USF is "missing" would be an indoor practice facility, which most programs do not have... and it's own stadium.

Harlan knows the OCS is important, but you don't do any public campaigns before you get major pledges.  Let's say Harlan decides we need $100 million in donations for an OCS... he will need to get 30 to 40 million pledged before he announces a campaign... and the first big donors will be on the "committee" that guides the fundraising (meaning they will be helping to recruit other larger donors).

We don't want to raise $100,000 to $200,000 from 5,000 die hard fans.  It's just that simple.

I agree with you. I hope Harlen is out fishing for those whales now however, instead of waiting.

Let's start winning first before we start talking about an ocs. Had we kept the momentum from 2007 and built on that we would be able to build an ocs but we can't afford it when we keep losing and fans don't show up.

The plan to "start winning" is an obvious one and needs to happen regardless of our stadium situation. Harlen has to expect and demand that much. The stadium plan can certainly move in parallel with winning since in even the best case scenario it would be several years before completion.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

But I want a golden goose NOW.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

The plan to "start winning" is an obvious one and needs to happen regardless of our stadium situation. Harlen has to expect and demand that much. The stadium plan can certainly move in parallel with winning since in even the best case scenario it would be several years before completion.

Yes I would hope we are winning before several years comes around!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Very interesting perspective. Would totally suk for us though.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Days Won:  1

candy is a dandy but liquiors quicker

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Can it, you nit!