• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

The only way USF goes into the acc is if FSU or Miami leave for the sec or big 10.

Which is laughable and will never happen.  UF will never allow FSU into the SEC.  The entirety of the SEC would never allow Miami.  

FSU does not have the academic profile of the Big 10 and no one is going to take Miami.

The only chance we had with the ACC was for FSU to go to the Big 12 and Miami to get over themselves.  It's not happening

I wouldn't say never. FSU had the SEC invite in 1990, but they rejected it in favor of ACC. The SEC hates that it lost some of FL to the ACC & BE, so if it could gain a higher market share in the state, it's still possible they'd go back to the well. If they're still butt-hurt about the rejection, then yeah they'll make them rot.

I agree on Miami, I very much doubt that one. Miami's lucky to be where they are right now.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

B12 may not survive as it is now.

Oklahoma and Texas may leave... maybe osu and Texas Tech too. What's left, baylor, tcu, etc, will merge with some members of the AAC.

What about WVU? Which conference do they go to and who goes with them? I would think they are running some scenarios right about now...

This sets off a new wave of expansion because OSU is bound by law to go where OU goes and my guess is Texas wouldn't move to the Pac Alone.  The ACC and B1G would probably pick some of the scraps as well.  I also wouldn't be surprised to see the SEC or B1G poach a team from the ACC.  Either way the best case scenario for USF would be after the ACC, SEC, Pac and big do their thing USF will more than likely end up somewhere with the Big 12 left overs. It's just a matter of if that league would fly under the Big 12 or AAC banner.  WVU could end up just about anywhere but the PAC or B1G if this scenario plays out.  

Link?

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

The only way USF goes into the acc is if FSU or Miami leave for the sec or big 10.

Which is laughable and will never happen.  UF will never allow FSU into the SEC.  The entirety of the SEC would never allow Miami.  

FSU does not have the academic profile of the Big 10 and no one is going to take Miami.

The only chance we had with the ACC was for FSU to go to the Big 12 and Miami to get over themselves.  It's not happening

I wouldn't say never. FSU had the SEC invite in 1990, but they rejected it in favor of ACC. The SEC hates that it lost some of FL to the ACC & BE, so if it could gain a higher market share in the state, it's still possible they'd go back to the well. If they're still butt-hurt about the rejection, then yeah they'll make them rot.

I agree on Miami, I very much doubt that one. Miami's lucky to be where they are right now.

Tallahassee is closer to Georgia and Alabama than it is the heart of Florida.

Florida State could add some National cache to the SEC, but they don't need it.  It would hurt the ACC far more than it would benefit the SEC.  They would much rather grab a team to fill the footprint of surrounding states.  They'd take NC State 10 times out of 10 over Florida State.  After that there's more questionability as to who they finish with (Virginia, WVU, OU).  I'd bet they'd take OU and OK State before FSU.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

B12 may not survive as it is now.

Oklahoma and Texas may leave... maybe osu and Texas Tech too. What's left, baylor, tcu, etc, will merge with some members of the AAC.

What about WVU? Which conference do they go to and who goes with them? I would think they are running some scenarios right about now...

Assuming TX and OK bolt, the B12 then dissolves and WVU comes crawling home, and will be welcomed with open arms, I think.

SEC won't take WVU (remember these are the Virginia counties that stayed with the Union when Virginia seceded), nor will B10, so they're stuck back with us. Same for TCU and Baylor (not sure if we'd accept Baylor or not if we already had Houston, SMU, and TCU, but we'd probably take them). Waco is a ******** though.

Kansas and Iowa State could "potentially" get picked up by the B10, since they're AAU, but I doubt it. Kansas State isn't AAU, so they would be stuck with MWC, MAC, or American. All three probably end up in the MWC, as I don't think the American wants them as much as the MWC would, and the MWC would probably offer them a better deal.

American is then the tallest midget and realignment is essentially done with the P4, FBS and FCS divisions of D1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Nothing gets blown up until the grant of rights expires.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Florida State could add some National cache to the SEC, but they don't need it.  It would hurt the ACC far more than it would benefit the SEC.  They would much rather grab a team to fill the footprint of surrounding states.  They'd take NC State 10 times out of 10 over Florida State.  After that there's more questionability as to who they finish with (Virginia, WVU, OU).  I'd bet they'd take OU and OK State before FSU.

You could easily be right about who they'd take ahead of FSU. But FSU is still Florida, no matter what the geography. I've been around south GA & Alabama, and they support their state teams (rabidly). I speak only from a recruiting perspective, so maybe you're talking a different angle (TV market?) but FSU's ballpark in all aspects is Florida, and the SEC absolutely covets that.

You could easily be right about who they'd take ahead of FSU. But FSU is still Florida, no matter what the geography. I've been around south GA & Alabama, and they support their state teams (rabidly). I speak only from a recruiting perspective, so maybe you're talking a different angle (TV market?) but FSU's ballpark in all aspects is Florida, and the SEC absolutely covets that.

Yes, but FSU adds 0 new markets.  Georgia, Auburn, Alabama, and Florida effectively cover every square inch of TV real estate that FSU touches.  Adding Miami of FL would help add to the influence over the state of Florida far more than FSU would, but like I said, no one outside of the American would take Miami.

The only thing that matter in realignment is money.  The biggest money factor is TV.  FSU adds value in terms of huge match-ups, but it's not a problem the SEC has selling.  The incremental ratings spikes FSU would add would be easily outpaced by adding new markets.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

but like I said, no one outside of the American would take Miami.

Realignment started because of Miami.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I think it was because of the money... Greed drove this madness.

but like I said, no one outside of the American would take Miami.

That's true, but they aren't moving to the PAC, B1G, or SEC.  They have a small chance to move the the B12, but I don't really see that as a palatable move for them.