• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

^^^ I'd love to see an 8- team playoff with the following format:

5 P5 champions

2 At large

1 G5 champion (highest ranked)

Seems like it would reduce the committee's role to the two at-large bids and how they compare with each other and the G5 champion.

I was just telling my friend this should happen last night.

It would also give the G5 a chance to cause some ruckus. Which we all enjoy.

I just don't think many of you understand. The P5 ARE NOT PLAYING THE G5 ANYMORE. Who cares if they take a token "highest ranked" G5 school. That school will be ranked #57 or so and not qualify as ranked 1-8 Edited by Sellular1

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Time to start getting the legal team together....

G5 vs ESPN 

Can we sue as alumni for emotional stress?  

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

A 12 team playoff this year (top 4 get 1st round byes) would have been pretty awesome:

#1 Alabama plays winner of #12 GA Tech and #5 Baylor

#4 Ohio State plays winner of #9 Ole Miss and #8 Michigan State

#2 Oregon plays winner of #6 TCU and #11 Kansas State (rematch, who cares)

#3 FSU plays winner of #10 Arizona and #7 Mississippi State

Even if they flipped the seedings of K State and Arizona to keep the matchups from being rematches, they're good games. I would like this setup. Even an 8 team would be fun as hell. Doing the math, even if they did a 16 team playoff,  out of 128 FBS teams, that's the top 12.5%.

A 12 team playoff this year (top 4 get 1st round byes) would have been pretty awesome:

Even if they flipped the seedings of K State and Arizona to keep the matchups from being rematches, they're good games. I would like this setup. Even an 8 team would be fun as hell. Doing the math, even if they did a 16 team playoff,  out of 128 FBS teams, that's the top 12.5%.

And no team from the AAC would ever have a chance even in an 8 team scenario.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  80
  • Days Won:  0

Depends on their OOC schedule. For EXAMPLE: If USF went undefeated next year with our schedule, then we would be in for sure. Just depends the OOC and how the AAC does in their OOC games. And by no means am i saying that we are going undefeated, I am just using our schedule for example. 

Even if they flipped the seedings of K State and Arizona to keep the matchups from being rematches, they're good games. I would like this setup. Even an 8 team would be fun as hell. Doing the math, even if they did a 16 team playoff, out of 128 FBS teams, that's the top 12.5%.

Depends on their OOC schedule. For EXAMPLE: If USF went undefeated next year with our schedule, then we would be in for sure. Just depends the OOC and how the AAC does in their OOC games. And by no means am i saying that we are going undefeated, I am just using our schedule for example.

There are no more OOC games against P5 coming after 2016. Big12 commish just admitted playing G5 teams hurt Baylor and TCU and was why they didn't make the playoff.

SEC has already said no nonP5 games after 2016.

BIG going to a 9 conf game schedule.

I would say there MAY be a chance that teams that already have G5 OOC games scheduled would keep them, but most likely not.

Edited by Sellular1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  80
  • Days Won:  0

Even if they flipped the seedings of K State and Arizona to keep the matchups from being rematches, they're good games. I would like this setup. Even an 8 team would be fun as hell. Doing the math, even if they did a 16 team playoff, out of 128 FBS teams, that's the top 12.5%.

There are no more OOC games against P5 coming after 2016. Big12 commish just admitted playing G5 teams hurt Baylor and TCU and was why they didn't make the playoff.

SEC has already said no nonP5 games after 2016.

BIG going to a 9 conf game schedule.

I would say there MAY be a chance that teams that already have G5 OOC games scheduled would keep them, but most likely not.

That's not true. SEC teams already have them schedule. Not going to buy all of those games. AAC is going to have make most of their opportunities they do get though.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I don't see the playoffs expanding to 8.  I see the B12 taking 2-4 more teams.  If Bowlsby really said playing G5 teams hurt Baylor & TCU, he's deluding himself or he's trying to delude others.  It's so clear that the lack of a CCG is what did the B12 in. 

He needs to convince the B12 to expand.  There's no other way around it. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

Even if they did an 8 team playoff, wouldn't the current championship-less big 12 hurt their seating in that playoff? I am sure just advancing a round is something teams will want to hang their hats on.

Ie. We made it to the semifinals herp de derp...

Edited by Rocky Style