• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

I think the Big 12 goes to 14. Cincy, USF, UCF and....Houston? A team from the MWC? Sure USF has had piss poor attendance the past few years, but you can look back to the Leavitt days when we had a legit program/team on the field and the numbers we produced. WVU/USF night games at Ray Jay....

Plus we have a decent TV market. UCF/USF in a combo package.

USF in the Big 12 makes us better. More recruits, exposure, etc. Mass potential.

Edited by Hueyhog20

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Lack of conference championship killed the Big 12 today. TCU played a 2-10 team, Baylor at least played #9 and beat TCU head to head.

OSU blowing out #12 in a championship game trumps either regular season games with offsetting positives (high score and high ranking)

Expand 14, grab Ohio and Florida markets, and get Navy. IMHO of course, but it creates travel partners for the east coast schools, gives you TV sets in major markets, and schools with plenty of upside for years to come.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,261
  • Days Won:  1

If the Big 12 goes to 14 CIncy and UCF are locks. We might get in as a package deal with UCF and the Leavitt years especially 2007 will definitely help as it shows how much support we can get when we are winning but we are going to have to start winning sooner rather than later. The 4th team if we do get the nod will be either memphis, uconn, or ecu otherwise pick 2 out of those 3 and we will be stuck in the G5 forever. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

If the Big 12 goes to 14 CIncy and UCF are locks. We might get in as a package deal with UCF and the Leavitt years especially 2007 will definitely help as it shows how much support we can get when we are winning but we are going to have to start winning sooner rather than later. The 4th team if we do get the nod will be either memphis, uconn, or ecu otherwise pick 2 out of those 3 and we will be stuck in the G5 forever. 

ECU is like Boise and forever screwed. There are already similar small markets that are flagships and their market is not big enough despite good fan support

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,448
  • Days Won:  43

I think the Big 12 goes to 14. Cincy, USF, UCF and....Houston? A team from the MWC? Sure USF has had piss poor attendance the past few years, but you can look back to the Leavitt days when we had a legit program/team on the field and the numbers we produced. WVU/USF night games at Ray Jay....

Plus we have a decent TV market. UCF/USF in a combo package.

USF in the Big 12 makes us better. More recruits, exposure, etc. Mass potential.

I dont think they expand that much. If they do it will be to get to 12 teams to get the CCG. No way do they want to split their TV $$$ more. Maybe when their next TV contract expires in about 10 years they will go to 14

I have to say that both Cincy and UCF are the top targets if BIG 12 were to expand soon. USF would have been one of the top targets if they didnt fire Leavitt years ago. The move by the high level USF employees destroyed USF football in my opinion. 

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Of course if the playoffs are expanded to eight teams, then conference expansion is officially over.

Of course if the playoffs are expanded to eight teams, then conference expansion is officially over.

This will be what more likely happens. But I wont be suprised to see the other P5 conferences keep pusing the BIG 12 to expand to at least 12 teams so that they will have to split their TV money as much as the other P5 conferences. I see at least a 8 team playoff in the future. The money and interest is just there for them to add more to it.  What team would complain this season if they were #9 team? 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

Only problem with expanding the playoffs to 8 teams is that that would add potentially 2 more games to the teams playing for the NC, so you go from maxing at 15 games (win a conference champ game then 2 playoff games) to maxing at 17 games potentially....that's an NFL schedule just about....Not sure what students would think of that.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Many of the rumors re:B1G also have to do with WVU being on an island by itself and the travel/expense issues it causes. 

I highly doubt they would create an even bigger issue by just getting UCF.

A team farther away than WVU, with less proven fan base/history/TV rating.

People have seen what USF is able to accomplish, and that all teams go in cycles.

Along with all of the additional benefits: the added large market, non-revenue sport group travel, allowing more FB teams to be able to play in Florida yearly, etc.

Fans may be fickle, but the execs look at the bigger picture