• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

Did anybody actually listen to that audio? It is one guy being told something from an anonymous source on a small radio station in Nashville. I think we can hold off with the pitchforks for a little bit.

You are right. I listened to the audio and it's a rumor, similar to a blog post. Nothing to see here. "These aren't the droits we're looking for. Move a long. Move along."

http://www.espn929.com/johnmartin/Nashville-radio-host-Memphis-to-the-Big-12/20457311

1st of all, the BIG 12 still has to vote to expand. If they decide that they want to expand then they will have to have a vote on the schools that will get an invite simular to what UL had to go through with the ACC. Unless the BIG 12 has been on stealth mode, I have not heard anything about B12 meetings taking place. I would think USF would be in good shape with WVU, TCU, KU, OU, OSU, and Texas from what I have heard. USF has friends in high places in the BIG 12 and that may pay off down the road. Right now, USF is too down for the BIG 12 to even think about it. The clock is ticking. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

I blame our small fan base.

I blame the unwatchable product on the field for years.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

I dont blame the small amount of fans that still care about USF. I blame the Tampa Bay Area sport fans that dont care about USF.  I blame the USF grads that go on and root for FSU or UF because they are winning. Most of those USF grads were on the bandwagon back in 2007 and 2008 win USF was winning. Now they went back to rooting for other schools and act like USF does not exist. Wow! 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

Try getting off the field on a key third down or score a point in a rivalry game. I think the fans will come back.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Did anybody actually listen to that audio? It is one guy being told something from an anonymous source on a small radio station in Nashville. I think we can hold off with the pitchforks for a little bit.

You are right. I listened to the audio and it's a rumor, similar to a blog post. Nothing to see here. "These aren't the droits we're looking for. Move a long. Move along."

http://www.espn929.com/johnmartin/Nashville-radio-host-Memphis-to-the-Big-12/20457311

1st of all, the BIG 12 still has to vote to expand. If they decide that they want to expand then they will have to have a vote on the schools that will get an invite simular to what UL had to go through with the ACC. Unless the BIG 12 has been on stealth mode, I have not heard anything about B12 meetings taking place. I would think USF would be in good shape with WVU, TCU, KU, OU, OSU, and Texas from what I have heard. USF has friends in high places in the BIG 12 and that may pay off down the road. Right now, USF is too down for the BIG 12 to even think about it. The clock is ticking. 

Votes never happen until the negotiations are done and everyone knows the votes are there.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I dont blame the small amount of fans that still care about USF. I blame the Tampa Bay Area sport fans that dont care about USF.  I blame the USF grads that go on and root for FSU or UF because they are winning. Most of those USF grads were on the bandwagon back in 2007 and 2008 win USF was winning. Now they went back to rooting for other schools and act like USF does not exist. Wow! 

We'll always have those types of graduates, unless we give them something consistent that they can be proud of. I'm proud of my alma mater, regardless of the state of athletics, but most bandwagoners need athletics success to be proud of their degree. It's rather unfortunate, but that's just the way it is.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  0

When I see it on ESPN I'll believe it. Not a moment before. Neither should any of you.

Memphis makes zero sense on this rumor. They don't bring enough to the table to ensure that the other programs keep the same TV revenue as they are getting now.
Memphis creates and bridge to Cincinnati and West Virginia and they have a big financial backer in FedEx. There is alot to like about Memphis. They are no worse that Iowa State and Texas Tech.

That and having Pickens go to bat for you doesn't hurt either. For everyone bringing up FSU not going to the Big XII... that was going to be a done deal. So much in fact, that the ACC made FSU sign that grant of rights. That's what killed them to the Bog XII. Without it, FSU is most likely outta there.

That "Done deal" scenario was about a year before the grant in rights and not immediately because of an imminent threat.  FSU had plenty of time to move but the rumors didn't have legs so they didn't.  But you can keep on revising that history....

Jan 29, 2013: Article identifying Big XII expansion candidates http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/1/29/3930698/big-12-expansion-fsu-clemson-louisville-conference-realignment

April 23, 2013: Article announcing the ACC grant of rights http://newsok.com/big-12-football-what-does-acc-grant-of-rights-mean/article/3796225

Where's the 1 year before the grant of rights? The targeted candidates were identified around January and the GOR was signed a few months later. As we have seen in the past, it takes longer than 3 months for teams to switch leagues. There was a huge push by the ACC to get this thing signed before their teams could iron out the logistics and leave the league. 

Who's revising history again?

Edited by usfsig

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I think you're going to see the big 12 with no teams in the top four. Right now Ohio State is absolutely blowing out Wisconsin and TCU beat a 2-10 team today.

I just do not see how a non-conference champion can get into the playoffs with this set up.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I think you're going to see the big 12 with no teams in the top four. Right now Ohio State is absolutely blowing out Wisconsin and TCU beat a 2-10 team today.

I just do not see how a non-conference champion can get into the playoffs with this set up.

I will be shocked if TCU is not in. They would slap OSU.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I will be shocked if TCU is not in. They would slap OSU.

OSU has also made a very good case, destroying Wisconsin.  I don't think TCU has a win like that.  Personally, I'd take the team that had a CCG all other things being equal.