• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Brett hasn't heard anything.

Text him back and ask what the hold up is on the UT series announcement ...

Better yet, text him back and tell him to go **** himself.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

At first blush, ECU to the Big 12 over UCONN seems absurd. But... UCONN seems to be a stretch in terms of geography, whereas the other four are at least within shouting distance of current Big 12 member WVU. UCONN's destiny seems to be in the ACC, if ever BC and Syracuse come around...

Just win and develop the fanbase... and everything else will take care of itself, even if we remain in the American.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Days Won:  0

BCSNN was a site that came alive right as the Big East Blog was going down on ESPN. One of the commenters from that blog started the site and after the whole "occupy Stanford blog" thing, the mass exodus culminated in relocating there. The owner of the site, Austin, is the author of the article in question and he doesn't really have the sources to break something like this.

That said, it is a pretty good site to interact with other former Big East fans and current AAC fans. Last year, they quality and quantity of posters was better, but a good conversation can still be had over there by utilizing the comment section on the stories.

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

BCSNN was a site that came alive right as the Big East Blog was going down on ESPN. One of the commenters from that blog started the site and after the whole "occupy Stanford blog" thing, the mass exodus culminated in relocating there. The owner of the site, Austin, is the author of the article in question and he doesn't really have the sources to break something like this.

That said, it is a pretty good site to interact with other former Big East fans and current AAC fans. Last year, they quality and quantity of posters was better, but a good conversation can still be had over there by utilizing the comment section on the stories.

BCSNN was a site that came alive right as the Big East Blog was going down on ESPN. One of the commenters from that blog started the site and after the whole "occupy Stanford blog" thing, the mass exodus culminated in relocating there. The owner of the site, Austin, is the author of the article in question and he doesn't really have the sources to break sometehing like this.

You said it right there. The author is the owner of the site and a guy that is trying to get hits over. This was posted on a couple of other boards, as well. Looks like his plan is working. To AAC fans, expansion is the only way out for the school's mentioned. It's nice to be mentioned, but a month ago, he'd have never mentioned ECU. He knows their fans are expansion crazy and would be all over this, after a little success. Had he mentioned them a month ago, even ECU fans would have laughed at it. However, enven possible fake news with your school mentioned as a P5 expansion candidate is better than none at all.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,007
  • Days Won:  12

I doubt it. Simply on the basis that we are still near rock bottom and this move would be met with too much skepticism. We put 12k bodies in the stands 2 weeks ago. 

When we are back to 45k+ and bowl games, then I can see it. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

Why would they add 4 teams? Did say that in the story?

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

Yes return of the mack thread

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

They offered me the position of head writer for the AAC blog after reading an article I had written for another site, which I declined. Nice guys, but I just wasn't interested. With that being said, if I was at one point to be heir to the AAC blog throne, I can tell you that I don't have any special insight or knowledge that would make someone in that position any more or less credible than another person unless a direct source is being listed. Most of my information came from the usual places: Sunshine Law and Freedom of Information Act records requests.

Edited by Raetus

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Just read the article. Leaving out uconn and substituting ecu is hard to believe. Article states events will unfold in 4 weeks time.

Just as I predicted this two years ago.  Please disregard by other 750 predictions.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Plenty of logical points in that article, but I find it difficult to trust the source.