• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

I can't disclose my sources my but I am hearing that UCF and possibly another school are in talks with the Big 12. Apparently the other schools isn't USF either. Remember, you heard it here first.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Also, Alabama and USF are both going independent as part of an agreement to play all 12 regular season games against each other every year from now on.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

I can't disclose my sources my but I am hearing that UCF and possibly another school are in talks with the Big 12. Apparently the other schools isn't USF either. Remember, you heard it here first.

Yes, I have been hearing that too. But you know what. UCF did what they had to do. That is win. USF didnt do it. We had our chance but we failed. Just got to keep trying. Will be funny if the BIG TEN raids the ACC and USF gets an ACC invite because of FSU being brought to BIG 10

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  102
  • Days Won:  0

Nothing is going to happen yet. There are a lot of political, TV contract, playoff formula moves that need to be determined first.

Just say an article on Yahoo Sports where the P5 are going to get their own voting block for NCAA legislation. Creating even more of a divide between the P5 and everyone else. Once this is finalized, I would suspect the next step is the playoff committee and playoff criteria.

Until the prerequisites are drafted and approved upon, I would expect no moves, no talks, nothing. A sit and wait period. So for those who think the B12 are in talks with UCF and others, I highly doubt that right now. There is no reason for it. Especially on the financial side.

After the playoff criteria is submitted and approved and everyone knows what is needed, this is where the networks come into play. For instance, Texas will not approve expansion into the B12 until TV revenues are increased and there is no drop in TV money from Fox. This has already occurred and the same thing will happen again. There has to be a financial gain.

The only way anyone gets into the B12 without financial gain will be if the Playoff committee states that in order to get into the 4 team playoff a CCG must be completed. Now this leaves it up to the NCAA and the Playoff committee. Will they allow the B12 to have a CCG with only 10 teams, or, will they be forced to expand in order to get the CCG?

Now some programs and B12 officials can be chatting. We as fans really do not know what is going on behind the scenes. Especially at very high $$$$$ levels. But, that is all that could be happening. There are too many other things that have to be addressed first.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Yes, I have been hearing that too. But you know what. UCF did what they had to do. That is win. USF didnt do it. We had our chance but we failed. Just got to keep trying. Will be funny if the BIG TEN raids the ACC and USF gets an ACC invite because of FSU being brought to BIG 10

I think you just swallowed the bait.

Nothing is going to happen yet. There are a lot of political, TV contract, playoff formula moves that need to be determined first.

Just say an article on Yahoo Sports where the P5 are going to get their own voting block for NCAA legislation. Creating even more of a divide between the P5 and everyone else. Once this is finalized, I would suspect the next step is the playoff committee and playoff criteria.

Until the prerequisites are drafted and approved upon, I would expect no moves, no talks, nothing. A sit and wait period. So for those who think the B12 are in talks with UCF and others, I highly doubt that right now. There is no reason for it. Especially on the financial side.

After the playoff criteria is submitted and approved and everyone knows what is needed, this is where the networks come into play. For instance, Texas will not approve expansion into the B12 until TV revenues are increased and there is no drop in TV money from Fox. This has already occurred and the same thing will happen again. There has to be a financial gain.

The only way anyone gets into the B12 without financial gain will be if the Playoff committee states that in order to get into the 4 team playoff a CCG must be completed. Now this leaves it up to the NCAA and the Playoff committee. Will they allow the B12 to have a CCG with only 10 teams, or, will they be forced to expand in order to get the CCG?

Now some programs and B12 officials can be chatting. We as fans really do not know what is going on behind the scenes. Especially at very high $$$$$ levels. But, that is all that could be happening. There are too many other things that have to be addressed first.

I disagree with a few things.

First, there won't be "criteria" for getting into the playoffs... and the committee cannot require a CCG.  This is because it's THEORETICALLY possible for teams outside the P-5 to make the playoffs... and not every conference has a championship game.

However, what may actually happen is because the Big 12 doesn't have a CCG, they might get slighted by the playoff committee... If we see an undefeated Big 12 team get left out, and the loser of a CCG (SEC or Big 10) get in... that could be part of the tipping point.

I would add the new governance structure would probably not allow a CCG with 10 teams.  The other P-5 conferences won't want to let the Big 12 do it... moreover, to protect themselves from anti-trust issues, the "P-5" cannot be limited to just the P-5... any conference who wants to follow that model has to be allowed, which means the American could be part of it. (Just like any school can be D-1 if they want to make the commitment.)

In short, the Big 12 will not be considering expansion until they see how they fare in the new process... because the main point, I think, of your post is DEAD ON:  Texas (and Oklahoma) will not allow any new teams to come in if the per-team revenue goes down.  Expansion for the Big 12 has to mean more $$ for each school.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  124

Bulldally/Gismo, what's the timeline you are hearing on when the big 12 is looking to expand? Any idea about the second team?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Bulldally/Gismo, what's the timeline you are hearing on when the big 12 is looking to expand? Any idea about the second team?

Giz was fishing, and Daily took the hook, the line, and the sinker...

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

Giz was fishing, and Daily took the hook, the line, and the sinker...

My sources are not credible though. Just some peeps speculating that UCF and Cincy are the top choices for BIG 12 expansion. I say it is all BS as I dont think UCF can aford to move to a new conference so fast as they already owe both C-USA and AAC tons of money. They also owe money for the unsold BCS tickets. The BIG 12 is in no rush to add someone that is cash strapped right now. Dont forget that the BIG 12 had to help pay for WVU's bills for the move from BIG EAST to BIG 12. Cincy is in better position than all of us right now. Just what I have been hearing. BYU cant get over the playing on Sunday stuff and they want to stay Indy for now. A lot has to do with how the future playoff teams are selected. If and when the BIG 12 starts missing the 4 team playoff because of the others CCG then you will see the BIG 12 grad two more. Just hoping it lasts for a few more years as USF has a lot of work ahead. Winning and attendence issues. Overall, the interest level of USF is a big time low.  

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  124

Ucf hadn't done squat till this year and they did finally beat some decent teams this year. That being said, how do they get the edge based on one year? Would not surprise me if they get only 6 wins next year. I'm not saying the bulls are going to be better, but the expansion will be based on one season?