• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

I wasn't talking about downtown Orlando. Disney is considered in Orlando. Just like New Tampa is considered in Tampa.

Edited by TExpress17
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I wasn't talking about downtown Orlando. Disney is considered in Orlando. Just like New Tampa is considered in Tampa.

The difference is New Tampa is actually in Tampa, Disney is not in Orlando

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I'm bored, here's some TV markets (didn't go much west and only stuff outside the "Power 5") of basically anyone left who may want to get lucky and move up someday:

(yes, I know some of these markets won't be totally captured by these teams, and some of these markets are already saturated with bigger state teams, but that's semantics for another post)

4. Philly - Temple

5. Dallas-Ft Worth (SMU-TCU)

10. Houston

13. Tampa-St Pete (USF)

19. Orlando-Daytona-Melbourne (UCF)

24. Charlotte, NC (Charlotte, some ECU fans say there is a large contingent there but probably wouldn't be counted towards their TV market)

30. Hartford-New Haven, CT (UCONN)

34. Cincinnati

37. San Antonio (UTSA)

38. WBP-Ft Pierce (northern ends of FAU territory, Miami-FTL is like #15 but is split with FIU and Miami obviously owns that coastline)

40. Birmingham (UAB)

43. Norfolk-Portsmouth-Newport News, VA (lots of ECU fans claim the southeastern portion for their fanbase, not sure how accurate)

48. Memphis

53. New Orleans (Tulane)

60. Mobile-Pensacola (USA, or UWF one day?)

61. Tulsa

62. Ft Myers-Naples (FGCU)

65. Charleston-Huntington, WV (Marshall)

91. Colorado Springs-Pueblo (Air Force)

98. El Paso (UTEP)

112. Boise

123. Lafayette, LA (UL-L)

163. Biloxi-Gulfport (kinda USM territory)

167. Hattiesburg (USM)

Louisville is #50, btw.

These are old rankings.  Tampa fell to #14, and Orlando moved up to #18.  Others changed also.  San Antonio moved up also.  New Orleans moved up, Birmingham moved way down.  

http://www.tvb.org/media/file/TVB_Market_Profiles_Nielsen_TVHH_DMA_Ranks_2013-2014.pdf

Edited by BullsFanInTX

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

Sellular1,

You just proved that Mike G's point is dead on. If the BIG 12 has had a plan in place then USF will be fine with our track record, They will look at how many BCS games that we competed and beat. They all know that USF is going through a new coach transition so it will be fine.

Mike G's point was that if we don't get in its somehow my fault. You're saying I proved him right?

no- that was my smart alec remark. and no also to Bull Daly who clearly did not understand what I wrote either. This has nothing to do with how good a football team we have-- it is all about the fit to the conference expansion plans

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I'm bored, here's some TV markets (didn't go much west and only stuff outside the "Power 5") of basically anyone left who may want to get lucky and move up someday:

(yes, I know some of these markets won't be totally captured by these teams, and some of these markets are already saturated with bigger state teams, but that's semantics for another post)

4. Philly - Temple

5. Dallas-Ft Worth (SMU-TCU)

10. Houston

13. Tampa-St Pete (USF)

19. Orlando-Daytona-Melbourne (UCF)

24. Charlotte, NC (Charlotte, some ECU fans say there is a large contingent there but probably wouldn't be counted towards their TV market)

30. Hartford-New Haven, CT (UCONN)

34. Cincinnati

37. San Antonio (UTSA)

38. WBP-Ft Pierce (northern ends of FAU territory, Miami-FTL is like #15 but is split with FIU and Miami obviously owns that coastline)

40. Birmingham (UAB)

43. Norfolk-Portsmouth-Newport News, VA (lots of ECU fans claim the southeastern portion for their fanbase, not sure how accurate)

48. Memphis

53. New Orleans (Tulane)

60. Mobile-Pensacola (USA, or UWF one day?)

61. Tulsa

62. Ft Myers-Naples (FGCU)

65. Charleston-Huntington, WV (Marshall)

91. Colorado Springs-Pueblo (Air Force)

98. El Paso (UTEP)

112. Boise

123. Lafayette, LA (UL-L)

163. Biloxi-Gulfport (kinda USM territory)

167. Hattiesburg (USM)

Louisville is #50, btw.

Why do they group Orlando with Melbourne and Daytona? They are farther away than Tampa is to Orlando. I lived in the Melbourne area for over two years and nobody gave a rat's butt about UCF football and we did not get Orlando TV.

1. Melbourne and Daytona are closer to Orlando than Tampa is.

2. I would assume these are TV markets. Orlando TV stations reach Melbourne and Daytona, not Tampa.

I could get to Orlando from my old Tampa apartment in a little over 50 minutes. It took me well over an hour from Melbourne. From downtown to downtown it is farther, but I am talking about city limits. I guess my point got lost in translation though. The radius of their viewer area was ridiculously big. UCF likes to state they have a huge market when the study overstates their market.

It really doesn't.  Everyone I know that lives in the Melbourne and Daytona areas consider UCF their "home" school.  And again, Melbourne and Daytona are in the Orlando TV market.

I live on the southern edge of Orlando and it takes me over an hour to get to Tampa.  I'm not sure whether you lived in a finger of Tampa that somehow extended into Lakeland, or you flew a helicopter, but 50 minutes isn't getting you from most places in the Tampa city limits to somewhere in Orlando by car.

And, again, we're talking TV.  

Ah, you are talking about Disney.  Disney is definitely not Orlando, and at least 45 minutes from UCF.

The Disney comparison is more like saying Plant City is part of Tampa.

Ah, you are talking about Disney.  Disney is definitely not Orlando, and at least 45 minutes from UCF.

I see that now. Every advertisement that I have seen says it is in Orlando but in reality it is Lake Buena Vista. Bring on the tar and feathers...

I see that now. Every advertisement that I have seen says it is in Orlando but in reality it is Lake Buena Vista. Bring on the tar and feathers...

As a punishment, you must stare at the latest pic in the UCF thread for 10 straight minutes and attempt not to hurl.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

Here's a picture of the Florida TV DMA's.  I just want to add to this thread to make it longer!  :D

florida.gif

post-9862-0-55298700-1382112466_thumb.gi

Edited by TExpress17