• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Boise State says you are wrong. History is accurate, but age is the problem, not winning. Winning wouldn't have made a differnwve

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

You might want to double check your Illinois comment. 4 national championships, a dozen or so college HOFers including Red Grange and **** Butkus, that's history in my book.

• Upvote 1

I've said it before, somewhere...CFL has become a business just like many other enterprises. Teams are there to get viewers, sell tix/merch, and become the "name brands" for the sport. We Bulls were on the fringe, but weren't ready so we're a have-not until we can win consistently. Winners get the above results, losers stay in CUSA (& AAC). Sucks but it is what it is until we change it by winning.

OK,

Then please explain; Wake Forrest, Duke, Iowa State, Illinois, Colorado, Maryland, Rutgers ect

I hate when people say this in a rebuttal, but do you watch college football? Colorado is in the top 25 for all-time wins and has a national championship in the 90s.

Teams that haven't won a national championship as recently as Colorado: Notre Dame, Pitt, Penn State, Michigan State, Cal, UCLA, Georgia, TAMU, Ole Miss, Arkansas, BC, BYU, Clemson, Stanford, Syracuse

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Boise State says you are wrong. History is accurate, but age is the problem, not winning. Winning wouldn't have made a differnwve

Really!? They were only an afterthought to the AQ conferences until they started winning under Petersen, and the thought of them being nationally televised was just silly...I mean, why?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

You might want to double check your Illinois comment. 4 national championships, a dozen or so college HOFers including Red Grange and **** Butkus, that's history in my book.

I stand corrected, thanks for calling me out.

I stand corrected, thanks for calling me out.

They were a long time ago and if you don't follow the Illini, you probably think they've always been a Big 10 also ran. Which sort of proves your point about them.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I've said it before, somewhere...CFL has become a business just like many other enterprises. Teams are there to get viewers, sell tix/merch, and become the "name brands" for the sport. We Bulls were on the fringe, but weren't ready so we're a have-not until we can win consistently. Winners get the above results, losers stay in CUSA (& AAC). Sucks but it is what it is until we change it by winning.

OK,

Then please explain; Wake Forrest, Duke, Iowa State, Illinois, Colorado, Maryland, Rutgers ect

I hate when people say this in a rebuttal, but do you watch college football? Colorado is in the top 25 for all-time wins and has a national championship in the 90s.

Teams that haven't won a national championship as recently as Colorado: Notre Dame, Pitt, Penn State, Michigan State, Cal, UCLA, Georgia, TAMU, Ole Miss, Arkansas, BC, BYU, Clemson, Stanford, Syracuse

Just to add on, even Wake Forest won an ACC title within the last decade I believe.  

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

This is all very depressing.

Does this impact anyone else's interest in the sport?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

@MHver3 36m

...bring back the independent scene. Look for defectors from several mid majors. Keep an eye on UConn Cincy Boise Houston SMU and more

@MHver3 38m

Get ready for conference Armageddon round 3. The more and more likely division 4 is going to encompass the 5 majors and..

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

That guy is a joke