• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Apparently fsu to big 10 chatter is heating up. Its the top thread on warchant.

http://floridastate.rivals.com/forum.asp?fid=1078

What i would give to borrow someones log in for 5 min

7 day free trial period....

Without putting paid info on this board... lets just say it sounds a lot like the chatter on this board, nothing earth shattering (somebody in my family is a Nole)

I doubt there's any "paid" material that amounts to anything other speculation or B.S. We have that here.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

Apparently fsu to big 10 chatter is heating up. Its the top thread on warchant.

http://floridastate.rivals.com/forum.asp?fid=1078

What i would give to borrow someones log in for 5 min

7 day free trial period....

Without putting paid info on this board... lets just say it sounds a lot like the chatter on this board, nothing earth shattering (somebody in my family is a Nole)

I doubt there's any "paid" material that amounts to anything other speculation or B.S. We have that here.

Brad, you are right, speculation is rampant on all these other boards as well, they follow the same people on twitter and come up with very similar theories about there own perspective schools. Conclusion, nobody knows anything more than we do, except maybe people inside the B10/B12/ACC... BUT, everybody still thinks more dominoes will fall!

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

Please keep in mind that Nebraska lost its AAU status and they invited ND, who is NOT an AAU member... it's not an end all, be all.

As somebody else said, The rest of the Big 10 were upset with Nebraska for losing AAU status.  As for Notre Dame, they are one of the better universities in the nation academically.  I don't think anybody could legitimately question the importance or prestige of academics to the university.

Go Bulls!

That is what was reported and if Nebraska wasn't an AAU member when they were being considered for Big 10 membership they wouldn't have been extended a membership. As one professor at Rutgers said in response to their current basketball fiasco, sports should NOT be separated from academics. The Big 10 seems to be the only conference that requires high standards in both.

Not only that, I can't even find if the Notre Dame invite to the Big 10 was even made or only rumor. There was talk about them joining in hockey in 2010 to help promote college hockey. But the academics of Notre Dame is tops in the nation, AAU membership or not.

The Big Ten has been pursuing Notre Dame for a long time.  Fact is that a lot of Big Ten schools already have a relationship with the Irish (Purdue, Michigan, and Michigan State are regular opponents).  Despite not being AAU, Notre Dame's academic cred is well established.  Everyone knows it's a great school on the academic side.  Not sure if they have any aspirations to joint he AAU or not.

Nebraska is different because it is a state school known outside of Nebraska for it's athletics. 

For the Big Ten, it is not enough for you to be a good athletic program.  The ACC used to have similar academic cred (and it still is a strong conference for academics), but they have been less discriminating since adding FSU.  Pitt is no slouch, neither is Syracuse.  Louisville is iffy. 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

As a professor, I have to agree with 71

Full-time working, night students are FAR superior to full-time day students.

They bring more experience to the class, they work better in teams, they hit deadlines without whining, they're more focused and they know what they want out of school.

I too am a professor and I can attest that evening students do have more academic professionalism than do day students. But I can also attest that day students appear to have more creativity than evening students. I do enjoy teaching both.
Doctor, doctor, doctor, doctor...
Spies Like Us...it never gets old.

Now we are going to shave the patient

Maybe you diick's not so dumb...

It got me through college!

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

@MHver3: Micro-expansion-update: Big still saying no to FSU but FSU holding into hope that UNC turning down BiG will open door for them.

@MHver3: Would Miami and Clemson be good consolation prizes? I can make the argument that they are.

@MHver3: From a brand standpoint Miami is head and shoulders above FSU...even now

@MHver3: If FSU or UNC bolt then the Big12/ACC alliance quickly becomes the Big12/ACC poachfest.

@theDudeofWV: Quick update. Big Ten very close to a consensus with Michigan on board now. Only issue is how to keep UM & OSU in same pod.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Won't be any announcements until the NCAA's are over

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

@MHver3: Micro-expansion-update: Big still saying no to FSU but FSU holding into hope that UNC turning down BiG will open door for them.

@MHver3: Would Miami and Clemson be good consolation prizes? I can make the argument that they are.

@MHver3: From a brand standpoint Miami is head and shoulders above FSU...even now

@MHver3: If FSU or UNC bolt then the Big12/ACC alliance quickly becomes the Big12/ACC poachfest.

@theDudeofWV: Quick update. Big Ten very close to a consensus with Michigan on board now. Only issue is how to keep UM & OSU in same pod.

I've read a few places that UNC turned down the B1G.  If that is really true, than UNC is expecting to get into the SEC or they are really stupid.  Or both.  I think I'd rater go to the B1G, more realistic chance at competing and more prestigious and more class (well, excluding Rutgers).

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I've read a few places that UNC turned down the B1G.  If that is really true, than UNC is expecting to get into the SEC or they are really stupid.  Or both.  I think I'd rater go to the B1G, more realistic chance at competing and more prestigious and more class (well, excluding Rutgers).

Agree completely.

Even though the state of NC is changing, there are still an awful lot of people who can never forgive "The War of Northern Aggression." Perhaps UNC just couldn't see themselves hoooking up with a bunch of Yankees...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  102
  • Content Count:  1,679
  • Days Won:  1

I doubt UNC is quite as anxious to bolt the ACC as some of you think.  The in-state rivalries between UNC, NC State, Duke, and Wake are powerful reasons to stay.  Many of the ACC schools have been playing together for A LONG time.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I doubt UNC is quite as anxious to bolt the ACC as some of you think.  The in-state rivalries between UNC, NC State, Duke, and Wake are powerful reasons to stay.  Many of the ACC schools have been playing together for A LONG time.

Two things.  

1.  Would you turn down someone offering to double your salary?

2.  Those rivalries aren't going to be there when the other schools bail.

3.  Would you rather have a rivalry with Wake, or Michigan?