• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Would be a pretty good AF joke if so!!!  :D

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

Guys ---- I know I shouldn't tell anyone ... but, just heard from a friend in the department (who will remain nameless) that he has 30 jobs dumped on him to prepare for a 4PM press conference today. Don't know all the details but he was pretty sure it was conference related.

I'm sure BMM will have it soon. I'll post more when I find out.

Happy April Fools Day! ???

I was hoping for some arguing, infighting and a frenzied atmosphere .... instead, I've been outed.

I was trying to not make it too good (SEC Membership).

You got me.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Well, you half got me, Mike.  I was excited for a few moments, but I walked into another April fools plot earlier this morning.  The guards have been raised.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

You half got me, too.  Only after years of negative things, I was starting to think we were going to announce that UConn and Cinci have moved on to the ACC and that we are announcing to proudly carry the torch as the charter CTBA member or something stupid and painful like that.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Guys ---- I know I shouldn't tell anyone ... but, just heard from a friend in the department (who will remain nameless) that he has 30 jobs dumped on him to prepare for a 4PM press conference today. Don't know all the details but he was pretty sure it was conference related.

:applause: 

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

WKU slated to take Tulsa's spot if/when they move to New Conference.

I guess the good news is that USF can schedule them as a C-USA opponent (along with FIU and FAU) versus SunBelt.

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

Just for fun, assuming TudexoYoda is correct, and that Big 12 gets their way and get FSU/Miami, and the "other" SEC school is VT. The Big Ten would probably get their way and get UVA and GT.

That leaves an ACC of:

BC, Clemson, NCSU, Cuse, WF, Duke, Pitt, UL

With 8 schools, they'll need to add 4 to get to a CCG.

USF, UCF, Cincy, UConn.

I'd love it. Then again, I'd also love the Big 12 alternative he laid out too.

In this case...It's possible Navy is added as #4 to appease ND and even the FB and BB at 12, if they stay at 12. Not only that, ND could count their Navy game as a conference game that would open up another FB game for their choosing. If not, the ACC could also get GTown or Nova for Olympic sports to even out at 14.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

I was hoping for some arguing, infighting and a frenzied atmosphere .... instead, I've been outed.

You got me.

Bastard .... but thanks for not starting a thread about it, though.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

It's not going to happen but USF, FSU, Miami and UCF to B12 would be our dream scenario. That would be one fun conference to be a part of. Should I ask Yoda, the Dude, et al to run it by the alignment gods at FOX?

Fun if you have no hopes for a conference championship trophy.

I hope that was a joke. You're an idiot if you think our current situation would be better than bolting to the Big 12 or ACC.

A conference championship trophy doesn't mean anything when nobody gives a **** about the garbage conference you play in.

Tell that to WVU. Or Rutgers. Or Pitt. Or Louisville. Or even Syracuse who shared the Big East football championship last season. Or are you saying that the Big East hasn't been garbage since 2005? Cincy and UConn, acknowledged by many as the two most desirable left of the recent Big East members, have also won the conference championship. Who is last on the list? Last of the entire Big East of the 2005 membership? The same school that hasn't won even a share of the championship.

Not to mention the schools like Boise St that the Big East was attempting have join the conference or which Sun Belt teams are moving up. Championships DO seem to increase the chance of upward mobility in a lot of cases, regardless if its a garbage conference.

If conference championships increase upward movement, it adds only an infinitesimal chance, and mostly moving from one "garbage" conference to another ...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

You got me.

Bastard .... but thanks for not starting a thread about it, though.

I'm so pessimistic about our conference situation that I immediately though that it would be the debut of the new conference name.