• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

so the acc would basically just have miami to draw the state of florida?

That's what I think if Houston and Cincy are supposedly on deck. Miami to claim carriage for cable in Florida and Houston to expand carriage for cable in Texas or Cincy in Ohio.

It's not a totally fair comparison, but the SEC has only one in Texas and Florida. I think it kinda makes sense for the ACC to allow Miami to remain on it's own and chase new, untapped markets for the ACC brand (and potential network?).

But, if USF has a shot in hell, we really need both FSU and Miami to leave in order for the ACC to need a replacement school in Florida.

Edited by BaltoBull

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

If this rumor is true then its not good for us... only way we will get into the ACC is if FSU and Miami bolt. Personally I don't see how the Big12 can pass up the opportunity to bring in the FSU/Miami rivalry and both of these programs.

If FSU bolts then the ACC will just grab UConn which is more attractive to the ACC on many levels (football, basketball, etc). Both Syracuse and Boston College have been lobbying hard for the ACC to bring UConn into the fold. Last time I checked not many ACC schools are pounding the table and demanding that USF gets an invite.

Furthermore if Miami is left behind then you can expect them to fight to keep us out. Miami has everything to lose by allowing USF into the same conference as them.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

FJ3P18U-9FAFDAJFf$qFSDAF45wgDasg%$wgfaSG54TAEwfG^%47^JGF$#5467%7iu^rnhbGfS%e&unBWyUhG54@&yUYT%$y#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big 12 seems happy with 1 FL school. Probably didn't think the other FL schools were worth it. 

I have little optimism for USF leaving the yet to be named former Big East football conference if FSU moves to the Big 12. 

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

See how easy it is to start a BS rumor? :)

Quit believing what "yoda" and "theDude" say for attention

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

tumblr_m6fswwtcsk1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

Difference is the dude and mhver have actually made some credible calls, like saying in August that the Big 10 would move (i've posted the exact tweets before, can't dig them up now). In addition, they don't just post random facts, they post well-thought out, cohesive stories that frankly, only a clinically insane person could or would come up with just for fun. 

I'm not saying believe everything. I'm saying if you wanna be a fly on the wall, they're as close as you'll get, as long as you acknowledge you're playing a bit of a game of telephone. 

I've seen about 100 tweets from those guys in this thread. Only ONE has been right. They're full of ****.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I've seen about 100 tweets from those guys in this thread. Only ONE has been right. They're full of ****.

You said we'd be better off with espn. So I guess no one is right all of the time. :)

You said we'd be better off with espn. So I guess no one is right all of the time. :)

That's a statement of opinion. Not fact. :)

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Difference is the dude and mhver have actually made some credible calls, like saying in August that the Big 10 would move (i've posted the exact tweets before, can't dig them up now). In addition, they don't just post random facts, they post well-thought out, cohesive stories that frankly, only a clinically insane person could or would come up with just for fun. 

I'm not saying believe everything. I'm saying if you wanna be a fly on the wall, they're as close as you'll get, as long as you acknowledge you're playing a bit of a game of telephone. 

• Upvote 1