• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

This thread is on its way to surpassing the AW thread, which is full of nonesense at this point. 

At this point? It only has about 2 pages that count. His committing, decommitting, recommitting and second decommitt. The rest is just speculation, like the 97 pages here.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I feel like all this garbage is totally fan driven speculation (much like my own). My beef is that Twitter is a news-breaking form of media, and these hacks who have nothing to do all day fling shtt at the wall all day and someone retweets it and all of a sudden it's "official" yet it's nothing remotely close to it. One or two guys flung enough stuff that they got a few predictions correct, and now people are taking their word as gospel. Yet, if they were such great news breaking people, why aren't they getting job offers from ESPN and other media outlets for their digging, persistent journalism :rolleyes:

First of all, BMM got his job at ESPN for slinging *crap* like this that turned out to be ture.

Second, I guess we need to remind people once again that this is a RUMORS thread.  If you don't want to read RUMORS, you don't have to.  NO ONE said any of this was official.

Thank you.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Its really obvious that BMM has good sources.

Is it 2 or 4 or 6 i dont know but hes been very accurate since hes got the job at ESPN. 

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Is it 2 or 4 or 6 i dont know but hes been very accurate since hes got the job at ESPN. 

McMurphy tweeted that he hadn't heard about any impending raid on the ACC.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

McMurphy tweeted that he hadn't heard about any impending raid on the ACC.

He's on ESPN now.  He can't report it until the ink is dry or the conferences and schools get ticked.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

If WF ends up as the only traditional ACC school left, it would be kind of silly to keep the name and have teams/players/coaches playing for and breaking "ACC" records. Just name it something else at that point. However, if the reverse-poach occurs, the BE is reunited with Pitt/Cuse/BC and possibly the traditional Catholic schools who would have more reason to stay. I'd keep the name and defiantly say "screw you" to those who gleefully cheered its demise. Without eastern competition to pull away its members, this arrangement could actually be quite stable, at least until the B12 GoR expires. Such a conference would still have its niche in being the strongest BBall conference even if the football money and playoff access are limited.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I'd rather have the ACC name from a football perspective.

Same, BE is such a damaged name with little tradition compared to the ACC.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I'd rather have the ACC name from a football perspective.

Same, BE is such a damaged name with little tradition compared to the ACC.

+999

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

So did Virginia, North Carolina, and Georgia Tech get their invites today?

Dude is a twitter whore.

It would seem pretty obvious that 4 of VT, UVA, UNC, Duke, NCSU, GT will go to B1G/SEC. However, the "when" is up for debate. I doubt anyone really knows.

As well, the thing nobody is saying about this is...people assume ACC will have to add 4 if they lose 4. In theory, they could sit still as a 10 team league if they don't like UC/UConn/USF. Or, expand by only 2 and get up to 12 to have a championship game. Effectively leaving us out another round.

Edited by The Great 8