• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

SMU,

Houston,

USF,

UCF,

Cincy,

UConn,

Temple,

Memphis 

Tulane

Should just separate as our own full member league from the basketball members. Forget about ECU, Navy and Old Dominion (field hockey only member?).  I guess I understand Uconn and Cincy wanting their basketball to stay with the catholic schools, but it would be better if all members were full members.  

No, we may not get a lot of money and the competition is a lot weaker than the Big East was, but I think it would be the best we can do with the hand we've been dealt (until Cincy, Uconn or USF leave).

Can't imagine they'll uninvite ECU, but in concept I agree that the Big East should be almost exclusively if not entirely a full membership league.

Does anyone know why Navy won't consider (apparently) putting its other sports, including basketball, in the Big East? If competition was the concern, the departure of the 7 Catholic schools should alleviate that concern somewhat. Or is it that their RPI is too low and the Big East won't consider it? I guess my question is why is it that Navy is ONLY considered as a football-only add?

Edited by TallyBull

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  37
  • Days Won:  0

The Big 12 will want to have a stake in the Florida market eventually which will either get us invited to the Big 12 or into the ACC because FSU left for the Big 12.  We will be included in the next round of reallignment.  I am not worried at all.  CWT will have this turned around and if he is successful on the recruiting trail we should become even more marketable.  Have faith.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

SMU,

Houston,

USF,

UCF,

Cincy,

UConn,

Temple,

Memphis 

Tulane

Should just separate as our own full member league from the basketball members. Forget about ECU, Navy and Old Dominion (field hockey only member?).  I guess I understand Uconn and Cincy wanting their basketball to stay with the catholic schools, but it would be better if all members were full members.  

No, we may not get a lot of money and the competition is a lot weaker than the Big East was, but I think it would be the best we can do with the hand we've been dealt (until Cincy, Uconn or USF leave).

Can't imagine they'll uninvite ECU, but in concept I agree that the Big East should be almost exclusively if not entirely a full membership league.

Does anyone know why Navy won't consider (apparently) putting its other sports, including basketball, in the Big East? If competition was the concern, the departure of the 7 Catholic schools should alleviate that concern somewhat. Or is it that their RPI is too low and the Big East won't consider it? I guess my question is why is it that Navy is ONLY considered as a football-only add?

Ya, well what I am saying, let all of these members leave the Big East, then the invite is void. USF, Cincy and Uconn could vote to disband the leage and form their own league with the other schools. Then the old invites are void because the league no longer exists. It would be a new conference and all members would be full members. I think it is the best decision for those involved. 

• Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

SMU,

Houston,

USF,

UCF,

Cincy,

UConn,

Temple,

Memphis 

Tulane

Ya, well what I am saying, let all of these members leave the Big East, then the invite is void. USF, Cincy and Uconn could vote to disband the leage and form their own league with the other schools. Then the old invites are void because the league no longer exists. It would be a new conference and all members would be full members. I think it is the best decision for those involved. 

OK, but you're suggesting they do all of that just to exclude ECU, whcih would be a tenth team? ECU appears to be the only team left out. They apparently get good crowds and have a passionate (perhaps too passionate) fanbase. Also, they get us into Carolina. Why dissolve the league to keep one team out, which you've already invited?

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not worried one bit...we will either end up in the MWC until the ACC comes calling after they get wrecked by the other Big Boys or we will be in CUSA 2.0 untill the ACC comes calling after they get wrecked by the other Big Boys. Sounds cocky I know...but we are in Tampa freaking FL not some bum&%$# town in the middle of nowhere. We will find a good home. Just support Willie and the gang, show up to as many football/basketball/olympic sports games as you can and the rest will sort itself out....

Yeah, but what's it going to mean to be in the ACC after it's been gutted? Then, once the ACC is cherry-picked, everyone will talk about the "Power 4" conferences, since naturally, they will be comprised of the "best" teams. You're kidding yourself if you think the ACC will be a step-up by the time we are invited. Just watch, bowl contracts will be renegotiated. ESPN will terminate the contract citing the loss of too many members and the radical reformation of the conference. The mantra will be, "Well, the B10 (or SEC, B12, PAC) now has 16 teams, and fans of their number 8 team will travel better and get a better audience than anyone in the "New" ACC." And don't forget about the playoff selection committee - no "NEW ACC" team will ever be considered, because now, the "Power 4" conferences will be SO MUCH BETTER, have SO MANY TEAMS, SO MUCH TALENT and SO MUCH COMPETITION, of course, only their schedules would be worthy to be selected for the playoffs. It will be the same song, different tune.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490

SMU,

Houston,

USF,

UCF,

Cincy,

UConn,

Temple,

Memphis 

Tulane

Yep. I totally agree.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

McMurphy just tweeted SDSU back to MW is official. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  149
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, but what's it going to mean to be in the ACC after it's been gutted? Then, once the ACC is cherry-picked, everyone will talk about the "Power 4" conferences, since naturally, they will be comprised of the "best" teams. You're kidding yourself if you think the ACC will be a step-up by the time we are invited. Just watch, bowl contracts will be renegotiated. ESPN will terminate the contract citing the loss of too many members and the radical reformation of the conference. The mantra will be, "Well, the B10 (or SEC, B12, PAC) now has 16 teams, and fans of their number 8 team will travel better and get a better audience than anyone in the "New" ACC." And don't forget about the playoff selection committee - no "NEW ACC" team will ever be considered, because now, the "Power 4" conferences will be SO MUCH BETTER, have SO MANY TEAMS, SO MUCH TALENT and SO MUCH COMPETITION, of course, only their schedules would be worthy to be selected for the playoffs. It will be the same song, different tune.

An ACC with old Big East/CUSA members is better then the gloom and doom of saying we will be in sunbelt/mac in a few years. Ideally, we want into the Big 12 to have real $$$ and a chance for a national title, but we need to first compete with the cards we are dealt first, before we step up to the big boy table. If I was UCF right now......I would be a tad worried. Their future is tied with us and if we don't bring them with us.....then its MaCation or CUSA 2.0 for the next decade or worst. My gut tells me that we are going to use their Media Market/Better Bball program/On Campus Stadium to help us pitch ourselves to a better situation. Then we will wreck their faces in football for the next decade as a thanks :iconic_u_black:

Edited by MoonknightUSF

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

There's a rumor floating around that Houston is making an official announcement Friday. Possibly going to the MWC?

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761

There's a rumor floating around that Houston is making an official announcement Friday. Possibly going to the MWC?

I hope not, but who knows. Now that I've read more about BSU sweetheart deal, I wouldn't mind having the BCS contract clause in the NBE, you know where whatever school from the conf gets selcted to a BCS/playoff bowl they keep 50%. Thats actually not that bad. The bad part of the deal for the MWC was BSU getting to keep their home rights.