• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

Triple B, you don't think a good showing against the other team the ACC might be considering is important?

If we go out there and look like a team with no heart or will, why should they consider us?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Triple B, you don't think a good showing against the other team the ACC might be considering is important?

If we go out there and look like a team with no heart or will, why should they consider us?

These moves have nothing to do with on the field results. If it did, we nor UConn wouldn't even be in rumor talks. Neither Syracuse nor Rutgers have won the conference since we came on board ....

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

I generally agree, money talks, but I would think coming out and not looking like garbage would help us somewhere.

Speculation will be that the ACC will make teams better, anyway. Better conference, better recruiting, or what have you.

I just think, as the wigs await their conference call on Monday, they'll be watching until then. And we have primetime on ESPN.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

The game is important. It's not a must win or absolutely critical, but any time you get watched and are in the decision maker's eyes, you want to put your best foot forward. I do have a good feeling that USF will come out and compete well.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

We've done well overall against ACC teams in the past. One or down seasons won't matter in this game of Risk.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Come on USF. Get us into ACC.

DON'T DROP THE BALL ON THIS. Do whatever it takes. Beg, politic, arm twist, promise, do anything and every thing.

USF is and will do everything they can. It's going to be tough. Keep that in your perspective...

The game is important. It's not a must win or absolutely critical, but any time you get watched and are in the decision maker's eyes, you want to put your best foot forward. I do have a good feeling that USF will come out and compete well.

No. It's not. They're not basing their decision on one game. I'm not sure if they're basing their decisions on any games

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

One single football game, or season for that matter, has little to do with a major decision like the this.

The major factors will be:

1. TV market size (Tampa is 13 Cincy is 32)

2. Marketability of the schools (which is more exciting outside local markets)

3. Facilities. The recent improvements were important.

4. Future matchups and rivalries.

These moves are all about tv ratings and crowds. Instead of looking at the UC game the game the smart people should be looking at the impact the games against FSU and Miami had.

Both FSU games had huge, loud crowds. Think about the atmosphere in the stadium and the state if that game was a conference game having a bearing on the conference/division championship a little later in the season. The atmosphere would have been insane. You don't think a game like that wouldn't get Game Day on campus?

What about the Miami game last year or 2 years ago? Make that a conference game and you'd be filling stadiums with huge publicity all week leading into it.

You don't think the TV networks could build around that to create new, exciting, meaningful rivalries to build ratings when that's what this whole thing is all about?

Now, take a UCONN vs FSU/Miami match up or UC vs FSU/Miami match up. No way even a UCONN vs BC creates that kind of excitement. Is that anywhere near as exciting to build upon?

This thing is all about TV and ratings. You have to build viewership and if it's analyzed thoroughly we offer a lot.

I honestly hope one other ACC team bolts because we have been conference mates with UC and UL since 1991 and don't want anyone left out of the mix and hope we all stay together.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

If Maryland and Rutgers tell you anything at all, expansion right now is about three things.

1. TV Market

2. TV Market

3. TV Market

The problem is the FSU game was a majority FSU crowd. The ACC has this market.

They don't have Cincy.

I think that's what's going to hurt us.

Unless FSU runs.