• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

This **** again.

Remember when the Big 12 was dead?

Remember when their remnants were heading to the Big East?

All this chaotic moving isn't happening. We did this 3 months ago when Notre Dame semi joined the ACC. We did this 6 months ago when "FSU and Clemson" were going to the Big 12. We did it 12 months ago when the "SEC move was going to cause extraordinary chaos". We did it 14 months ago when the ACC stole Pitt from us.

It might happen but it's not going to be some giant move were we see te ACC ripped apart next week. Especially when half the **** being posted is from a random Internet guy...

The ACC lost Maryland, not North Carolina, not FSU, not Clemson. Sure they were a founding member, but hardly the loss that will even move the meter.

And is the Big Ten expanding again? Who knows, but why would they announce just two if they planned on expanding next week?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

This **** again.

Remember when the Big 12 was dead?

Remember when their remnants were heading to the Big East?

All this chaotic moving isn't happening. We did this 3 months ago when Notre Dame semi joined the ACC. We did this 6 months ago when "FSU and Clemson" were going to the Big 12. We did it 12 months ago when the "SEC move was going to cause extraordinary chaos". We did it 14 months ago when the ACC stole Pitt from us.

It might happen but it's not going to be some giant move were we see te ACC ripped apart next week. Especially when half the **** being posted is from a random Internet guy...

The ACC lost Maryland, not North Carolina, not FSU, not Clemson. Sure they were a founding member, but hardly the loss that will even move the meter.

And is the Big Ten expanding again? Who knows, but why would they announce just two if they planned on expanding next week?

Guess we will just have to wait and see...but I'm thinking this isn't over yet, not by a long shot.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

It probably isn't. But there isn't going to be some mass switching next week. All these anonymous twitter posting guys who have "sources" are full of crap.

There is one giant consistency in this expansion crap, when it happens, it happens quickly, and without much a warning.

There were no massive flowing rumors before Pitt and Cuse jumped. Same with ND. And now this Maryland, Rutgers move. It all came out of the dark.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  165
  • Days Won:  0

what are the Pros and Cons of USF just going INDEPENDENT?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

It probably isn't. But there isn't going to be some mass switching next week. All these anonymous twitter posting guys who have "sources" are full of crap.

There is one giant consistency in this expansion crap, when it happens, it happens quickly, and without much a warning.

There were no massive flowing rumors before Pitt and Cuse jumped. Same with ND. And now this Maryland, Rutgers move. It all came out of the dark.

While I agree that you are using conventional and rational thought. Those two lines of thinking seem to be getting shorter and shorter with each passing day. I'm not worried about it, I worry about way to many other things that I have absolutely no control over. My que is full.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

It's probably not going to happen next week is true, the next moves are legisative tied. Supposedly UVA and UNC have open invitation to B1G, neither team makes that move, yet, as they are happy in ACC. But here is the kicker if SEC goes after VT and NCSt as expected then all hell breaks lose in ACC and ultimately Big East.

Why is this move going to take a little time because VA legislature has to approve UVA/VT split, and also the NC teams are tied in state law. This next move won't be as quick and wont be as quiet in my opinion.

Also as a USF the best option is for the blow up, to get in a merged ACC with BE teams.

Edited by jvwvu

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993

what are the Pros and Cons of USF just going INDEPENDENT?

Cons - Having to schedule 12 games every year with no set games on the schedule. Creating balance in that schedule so that you have some interesting games at home And ensuring that 6 of those 12 are at home for athletic department purposes.

If you're willing to play 3-4 away games with no return and the balance with low-mid level schools , and a 1-AA at home, then you should be ale to get 5-6 home games a year. But we would generally be staring down a .500 record and with no Bowl tie-in staying home most years even with a winning record. Also, it's hard to schedule games when everyone else is in their conference schedule

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

What would a Big East/ACC merger look like? The Big East West, I would presume, would be completely dumped. Would this ACC/Big East be an entirely new conference with a new name or would you think they would just continue with Big East or ACC?

Complete speculation.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663

What would a Big East/ACC merger look like? The Big East West, I would presume, would be completely dumped. Would this ACC/Big East be an entirely new conference with a new name or would you think they would just continue with Big East or ACC?

Complete speculation.

all_misfit_toys_welcome_here-1.jpg

Just keeping the holiday spirit.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,047
  • Days Won:  11

Complete speculation.

if it was under the ACC banner, wouldn't it still have the major bowl tie-ins?