• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football team uses an off day in a positive way

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

37 minutes ago, michibull said:

Just to clarify, I was not whining, I was merely stating a fact that if your goal is to win football games and your not, you might want to focus on football. There’s a reason Michigan fans were ripping Jim Harbaugh a new one for taking his teams to Europe, while they were losing to Ohio St., Michigan St. and Penn St. since they stopped doing those trips, they’ve started to win a little more (although not against OSU, haha). Look man, I’m all about team building and community service, I’m not on the football team, but I’m sure losing every game does not make them feel good or proud, that’s all I’m trying to say. 

You seem like one of the more rational ones so I feel I don't need to point out the huge difference in taking a day to do some work in the community and taking teams to Europe ...... and did this even take away from their football time together?

21 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

Isn't there a mad cow lounge so positive threads don't get ruined by nonsense? 

This isn't really mad cow stuff but I feel your pain ....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

31 minutes ago, Triple B said:

You seem like one of the more rational ones so I feel I don't need to point out the huge difference in taking a day to do some work in the community and taking teams to Europe ...... and did this even take away from their football time together?

When you are winning everything you do is great and when you are losing everything you do sucks, those are the rules and everyone knows them.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

Thanks a lot for the compliment, I try to be. I think this has spiraled a little. My initial response was for people being called pathetic and to re-examine their lives. I felt that was a bit harsh. I personally don’t see a problem with the habitat activity, as I stated before, I believe in community service and growing as a good person above sports. That said, I can understand why people would be irritated that they weren’t spending more time on football activities (it is a big business and we are in a tricky spot with alignment right now). I like to understand both sides of everything and as @puc86stated, “when you win, everything is all good; when you lose, everything is magnified”. That’s all I was trying to say. Sorry for the drawn out misunderstanding. 

Edited by michibull

42 minutes ago, michibull said:

Thanks a lot for the compliment, I try to be. I think this has spiraled a little. My initial response was for people being called pathetic and to re-examine their lives. I felt that was a bit harsh. I personally don’t see a problem with the habitat activity, as I stated before, I believe in community service and growing as a good person above sports. That said, I can understand why people would be irritated that they weren’t spending more time on football activities (it is a big business and we are in a tricky spot with alignment right now). I like to understand both sides of everything and as @puc86stated, “when you win, everything is all good; when you lose, everything is magnified”. That’s all I was trying to say. Sorry for the drawn out misunderstanding. 

You were doing so good and then you had quote puc ......... :rolleyes:

• Haha 3