• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Evaluating CJS Through His First 12 Games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

Seems accurate...  Let's just go with the sportingnews.com rankings and check back next year. 

It’s across the board anyone ranking how coaches are doing has that him as a categorical f, they aren’t being mean it’s that anything that is an objective measure of coaching success he is failing miserably. That’s not from CCS that’s from what he has done to make things better since he has been here, also known as nothing.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,722
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

He also will need to be a great recruiter...anyone can recruit players to top teams. 

I'll withhold a grade till end of this season. 

It is going to be hard to recruit to USF due to the AAC conference situation.  Not being in the p5 is going to hurt us on the recruiting trail IMO.

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

You've been here long enough that you should get it by now ....

How does that not get a scarecrow from you? No one is arguing that he would win every game they are arguing that he should win a single FBS game, that would be a good first step from improvement and only then two steps behind what led to the previous coach being fired.

1 hour ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Temple and Memphis last year should have been wins.  I'm giving him this season to show improvement.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda.  I don't care how close the games were, they ended up as LOSSES.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

The expectation that he should be doing better than CCS if he is better than CCS is the one more rooted in reality than the ones that think every increased failure is somehow a movement towards success.

CWT already proved the fault with that "reality" based on 12 games. The first true measurement will come after this season. Everything up to that point is just ......

spacer.png

My honest evaluation of him so far.............he isn't that great of a coach.  Win some FBS games for chrissakes.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

How does that not get a scarecrow from you? No one is arguing that he would win every game they are arguing that he should win a single FBS game, that would be a good first step from improvement and only then two steps behind what led to the previous coach being fired.

He captured the spirit of the ******** and moaning going on ......

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

CWT already proved the fault with that "reality" based on 12 games. The first true measurement will come after this season. Everything up to that point is just ......

spacer.png

Categorically false. The issues began to present themselves in year 1, were pretty obvious in year 2 and were grounds for dismissal year 3. It was a pretty clear path, just as this one has been. Miracles do not happen, you make them and that effort starts immediately and shows a pretty obvious path. What is the path we are displaying that gives anyone the impression things will be a okay in year 3? It seems like we will at best end at the record we started at before CCS was fired.

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

He captured the spirit of the ******** and moaning going on ......

I would argue it’s more mild than anyone would expect with a coach going for his second year of not being able to beat anyone and having nothing in recruiting that would have anyone believe that’s on the horizon of change.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

At least now we can pitch recruits they'll have an IPF their entire careers. And if that 2025 date is accurate we could start telling recruits they'll be the senior leaders on a team that is breaking in a new stadium.

Probably doesn't mean much, but better than pointing at our on field results.